Help in choosing a portable source
Jan 29, 2011 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

corsair287

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a new source with good sound quality to use with my RE-0 with or without an amp. I mainly listen to classical music. Here are my requirements:

Budget: <$800
Storage: the bigger the better. 16 Gb minimum. sd card expansion is a plus.
UI: no rubbish software like itunes. Drag and drop to transfer music. compatibility with rockbox is a plus but not a must.
Video playback: A plus. Again, not necessary. but if offered, please support divx/xvid codec and some common formats.
Other gadgets (image viewer, games, wifi): unnecessary since i have another gadget for such purposes.
Battery power: 1 day minimum, the longer the better.
Physical size: the smaller the better. but not an important factor
Again, emphasis is on good sound quality (DAC).

Thanks very much!

P.S. It'd be nice if anyone could explain mto me the differences in sound quality between the Cowon players...

Jan 29, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 7
From your preferences allow me to whole heartedly recommend Cowon's latest line of players namely the J3.   Here's a link for more info - http://cowonglobal.com

Jan 29, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 7
For portability, I love my setup - Sandisk Fuze v2 w/ Rockbox + Fiio E5. I picked up a nice arm band/rubber jacket from eBay for $2 and I attach the E5's clip to the back of the jacket (where the arm band slides in).

Jan 29, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 7
I'd give a +1 for a Sansa Fuze v2 + RB combo. I've been using it alongside a Cowon D2+ 16GB for my portable music needs. The Fuze v2 8GB can be found for about $50 on eBay and you can easily spend another $50-100 to buy a 32GB mSDHC to expand the onboard storage. 

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #6 of 7

What's the difference between the v2 and the current version?
Quote:
I'd give a +1 for a Sansa Fuze v2 + RB combo. I've been using it alongside a Cowon D2+ 16GB for my portable music needs. The Fuze v2 8GB can be found for about $50 on eBay and you can easily spend another $50-100 to buy a 32GB mSDHC to expand the onboard storage. 

Jan 30, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
What's the difference between the v2 and the current version?
Quote:

The V2 is the current version.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back