Help iMac optical out doesn't seem to work (with matrix cube)...
Aug 24, 2011 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

LFG530

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm sorry to start a new thread for this but I didn't find a solution by serching...

I have a matrix cube and a iMac and I was previously using usb output but decided to switch for optical (because I needed the extra usb port), Anyways, I just bought a belkin toslink cable with a mini-jack adapter and I linked my iMac to the cube, but the cube doesn't receive any signal when I switch it to optical and when I go to the audio settings it doesn't offer me to switch to the optical out...

Am I doing something wrong. For some reason I have a feeling I'll end up looking really stupid in a few hours.

Thanks,
Lfg

Aug 25, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #5 of 8
I have the exact same configuration as Roseval on my iMac, works perfectly.  Stupid suggestion maybe, but did you insert the optical jack connector all the way and insert the plug fully into the headphone port?  It is a worthwhile upgrade, I lost a lot of digital feedback i was getting by moving from usb to optical, plus I was able to run higher audio formats than just 16/44.1 limited by my dac's usb port.

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 8
Thank you guys, I don't know why, I did all those things but I had to switch audio midi then the sound output settings in preferences and play music before the cube's signal turned on.

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #8 of 8
Usb was fairly simple, if you're on a mac it should just show up as an option as an output in the sound preferences... Otherwise try to play with audio midi. (what dac are you using?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back