Help! I'm between the JDS Labs cMoy v2.03 and the Fiio E11
Apr 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

PlastilinaVe

New Head-Fier
Hey, I hope you're all doing great!

I getting a Shure SE 215 IEMs for outdoors and a Sennheiser HD 535 for indoors. So with that in mind, I want to buy an amp, preferably portable so I can use with both cans.

I'm thinking about the Fiio 11 and the JDS Labs cMoy v2.03. I want a fun sound, wide soundstage and good separation, well balanced, all of course with the awareness that these amps are under 100$, so no ultra-high expectations. It will be used with an iPhone and an iPod classic mostly, playing all kinds of rock, 60s and 70s r&b, soul, funk, blues, jazz and a little hip hop and electronic.

Which one would you get?

Thank you very much!

Apr 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 7
From my past experience with both of these amps, I would generally categorize the JDS cMoy as warm and fun sounding, and the E11 as more crisp and clean sounding.  Both have good power for the price, and bass boost (BB).  Of course, the casing and form factor of the E11 is more professional looking, and you have to open the JDS to turn on the BB. 

I haven't heard either of those Shure phones, but if it were me, I would go with the E11 to drive those phones, over the JDS cMoy.

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 7
Thank you kmhaynes! 

I didn't mention that, though I like bass, I'm not a bass-head at all. I like a well-rounded sound, specially the treble, which I think is kind of over-looked. So, if any of you can tell me which one of these two little amps helps the highs to sound a little clearer a nicer, plus everything I described above, I'll be really grateful!!

Thanks again, have a good one.

Apr 10, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #4 of 7
I think with the default OpAmp, the CmoyBB is not really on par with Fiio E11. E11 does a lot better with treble than CmoyBB from what I can hear. Not only is it more extending, it's also smoother. In the CmoyBB's defense, once you replace the OpAmp to something better, you'll start hearing good improvements.

But after all is said and done, I still think the Fiio E11 is the superior amp. It can drive my DT880 600Ohm quite sufficiently without much distortion (until about 6/8), which is quite an impressive feat for a portable amp.

Mar 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #6 of 7
  hi, I'm also choosing between the two .. who has the best bass?

Hi. Is it possible for you to buy both of them and try it? That's what I have done. I bought E17 and then BioScienceGeeks cMoy Amp. I chose the cMoy because I prefer the sound of it (more natural sounding to my ears) compared to FIIO where in the treble seems to be a little bit excited (to my ears).

Mar 15, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 7
i don't had the possibility to buy both becouse if i bought cmoy i cant return it . anyway thanks for your opinion but for now i decided to order only an EF2A because more persons say that it is the best amp for the akg k612.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back