Help, I'm addicted to the glitter, but only a certain type...
Nov 25, 2010 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Trysaeder

1000+ Head-Fier
I've found that I like the sparkly sound with punchy bass in IEMs. I've tried relaxed ones with rolled off highs and elevated bass, but they just didn't capture me.

I'm looking for something that has good isolation, sounds fast, sparkly, punchy with not unnatural mids. Price range is about $200.

I've looked at the CK10 but I'm scared that it'll sound unnatural. The high price and rarity of it doesn't do it favours either.

Another one I've checked is the Westone 2, which I haven't really heard much about but it could sound a little bit like what I want. Availability is pretty scarce though.

The RE-zero is an iem that I've wanted to try for a long time, which I think I will in search of my iem, but I don't think it could be permanent because of the way it's built, with cable down and average isolation.

I won't consider the RE-262 because if I'm spending $200+ on something, I want to feel good and have confidence in it. It's also brand new and I'm very against buying things before the guinea pigs have tried them. If it turns out to be good, I can always wait.

I guess I'm just looking for some more suggestions, I've run out of my own ideas and I know there are more sparkle-heads out there.

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #2 of 5
EX700, Westone 2, DBA-02, Custom 3, MTPG, MC5 and SF5Pro..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back