Help Identifying Unknown Connector
Sep 29, 2010 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

EddieE

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,
Anyone ever come across these before? Not having any experience with speaker stuff I'm completely baffled:

They grace the ends of the speaker connectors (for clarity - the cables for connecting the adapter to the amp via speaker outputs) for the beyer ET1000/N1000 I just got.

I guess just ripping them off is the solution to actually seeing the the things work. As you can see the wire is crazy thick as well... I hope it's going to fit a normal amp or I might have to start from scratch.

So... Anyone know what they are? I'm curious.

Sep 29, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 10
That's been my thinking so far from looking at various connectors on google image... god knows.

It's clearly a DIY jobby, the wire is seriously thick and what must have been the ends of the original cables and these weird things are soldered on:

So what do people reckon? Just snip the wires and take the insulation back yeah?

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #10 of 10
Wink,
So will those fit a modern banana clip socket, or are they pretty much useless at this point?

Labrat,
Yep, that's what I have, and I'm pretty excited to fire them up and see what they have to offer if I could get past connecting the N1000 up that is...

In terms of what I have to connect to - I don't personally own a power amp. Right now I'm at my girlfriend's house and I have her housemate's integrated Denon which takes bare speaker wires by the looks of it, very soon I'll be renting a room off a friend who has an amp that takes Banana clips I remember him mentioning, but I am assuming that will still take bare wires as well, so the best thing to do would be to just take the connectors off altogether?

Actually I know my friend is currently planning a brand new and much higher end speaker rig, so am looking forward to seeing how these things will scale from my gfs mates cheap amp, to my friend's better amp to whatever he gets which from the way he is talking is going to be something special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back