Help/Ideas for a complementary Mosfet class AB buffer
Jan 5, 2013 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Goobley

100+ Head-Fier
I've spent a fair amount of time over the past week running various simulations with regards to constructing such a buffer with no output blocking caps and I have to say that I'm struggling due to the threshold voltage of mosfets - I haven't got a vbe multiplier to work properly yet.
I chose mosfets as I want a high Zi.
I'm gonna keep at it, but if anyone knows how to design such a thing I'd be grateful for a few pointers.

The other idea that I've had is to build a class A source follower and use a dc servo, is this feasible?

Any ideas on how to build a high Zi buffer that has no offset would be very welcome,

Cheers,
CHris

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 8
lookup the satri circuit which is usually 2 jfets and 2 more jfets, or bipolar, or mosfets.

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 8
Jan 5, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #4 of 8
If I were to cut that schematic in half, just before the LEDs and then take the output side, would that be completely idiotic? I simulated it in TINA using BC550/BC560 and if I'm shocked to say that, at 1kHz there's an input impedance of about 6Mohm which seemed surprisingly high, i thought that this was impossibly high for BJTs, so tell me then, where have I screwed up?

If i didn't get it wrong then this looks pretty brilliant.
Thanks for your help,

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #6 of 8
Jan 6, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 8
Or just watch the film Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Blocking Cap.
biggrin.gif

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back