Help - Iaudio file duplication ?
Jan 28, 2006 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mr Ben

New Head-Fier

Hi Folks,

Double whammy newb here: my first post about my first HD player!

I have a brand spanking M5L which I'm loading via Mac OSX 10.3.9.

After drag & drop the files are shown correctly on the Mac, but when I disconnect and view through the M5 there are 2 of each track; one with the correct file name and one with a full stop underscore prefix. e.g I can see 'Paradrenasite.ogg' and also '._Paradrenasite.ogg'.

The same also happens with mp3's.

Does anyone have any ideas ? I'm a complete novice so may be overlooking something obvious but i'm a little lost. If I have to delete half my tracks on the M5 after download then I may become a little short tempered with my new toy!

Many Thanks,

Mr Ben

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Ben

Hi Folks,

Double whammy newb here: my first post about my first HD player!

I have a brand spanking M5L which I'm loading via Mac OSX 10.3.9.

After drag & drop the files are shown correctly on the Mac, but when I disconnect and view through the M5 there are 2 of each track; one with the correct file name and one with a full stop underscore prefix. e.g I can see 'Paradrenasite.ogg' and also '._Paradrenasite.ogg'.

The same also happens with mp3's.

Does anyone have any ideas ? I'm a complete novice so may be overlooking something obvious but i'm a little lost. If I have to delete half my tracks on the M5 after download then I may become a little short tempered with my new toy!

Many Thanks,

Mr Ben

Where did you pick up your m5l?

Jan 30, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Medikit
Where did you pick up your m5l?

It came from Misco. Best price I could find and good feedback on delivery times/ reliability etc.

Jan 30, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 4
I've just tried using copy and paste rather than drag and drop and it seemed to work with single files (i.e no extra tracks appear on the player), but copying a folder led to the duplicate tracks problem again.

Not sure if its relevant but folders named something like 'ds store' keep appearing in multitudes as well in the same folder as the music files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back