Help! I need someone in the UK to build my Mini3 Kit for me.
Mar 26, 2010 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wallace

100+ Head-Fier
I have just got a mini3 kit from GlassJar,that i intended to build myself.I can't believe how small the bits are,my old eyes can only just see some of them.I spent most of my life working on contractors plant,the smallest thing i worked on was cement mixers,thou i did repair the odd circuit board on excavators.If anyone has the skill and the time please pm me.?
PS,,You will be handsomely rewarded of course.

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #2 of 9
I could probably do it, but have minimal experience in diy work, I have built a Mini3 and P2P SSMH, currently working on a Bijou and Gamma2 (though with the latter I am struggling with just how smaller the pins on the SM chips are compared to the Mini3). I won't have access to any equipment for a couple of weeks though. But if you're still struggling and haven't found anyone by then, I could help you out.

Mar 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 9
nice one, only just seen this. Would have done it too, would have been quite scared about messing it up though!

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #8 of 9
well tbh mate the soldering is the easy part and I really enjoyed it, Ti has done an amazing job with the PCB, everything fits together so perfectly and I had mine soldered in about 2-3hours.
The hardest part was the casework and I actually made the power jack hole slightly off center on mine
redface.gif

I chickened out and didn't put the LED holes in:
1269787575.jpg

but my excuse is it looks pretty slick without them anyway
wink.gif
(and I genuinly think it does)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back