help, I need somebody, help!
Jul 19, 2001 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Braver

Will upgrade headphoneswhen there's a MX600.
no, not a Beatles thread, not at all
tongue.gif

I'm basically looking for the album I listened to when auditioning the Stax's last tuesday
smily_headphones1.gif

It was just a stand-up bass and a sax or something, seemed like the perfect chilling music. But I've got no clue as to what genre I'm looking at here.

Any clues or recommendation are highly appreciated!

Jul 19, 2001 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 11
the Getz/Gilberto (Stan Getz, Joao [?] Gilberto) CD out on Verve fits that description very well.

very, very chill music. i've never heard a negative reaction, and it's recorded very warmly and verly intimately. you feel like you're cuddling with the band, the saxophone poking you in the ribs. sort of.

even if this isn't the CD, this is a CD that everyone, and i mean EVERYONE should own. perfect for cruising down the highway on a warm evening, or actually, perfect for just about everything.

Jul 19, 2001 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 11
thanks man
smily_headphones1.gif

will have to practice some restraint tho
frown.gif
getting out of hand, first 3 albums a month, 4..now 2 in one week...saw a remaster of Marillion - Brave I really felt like picking up (a few new songs and some acoustic versions on the bonus CD)...

nah, I'll see if I can find it tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2001 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver

I'm basically looking for the album I listened to when auditioning the Stax's last tuesday
smily_headphones1.gif

Any clues or recommendation are highly appreciated!

Umm why not phone/visit the hifi shop you heard it in and ask what the cd was?

Jul 25, 2001 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 11
Heheh.. unless, of course, you just want all of us to guess. Was it The Girl from Ipanema? Dark and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes walking and when she passes, each one she passes goes.. ahhh..
tongue.gif
Love that song.

Aug 8, 2001 at 6:44 PM Post #6 of 11
well, I guess it was just one from a stack. don't need that exact same cd, just something like it. so, yeah, guess away
biggrin.gif

anyway, I found these, which one do I pick?

1. GETZ, STAN/JOAO GILBERTO GETZ/GILBERTO -MASTEREDIT

2. GETZ, STAN/JOAO GILBERTO GETZ/GILBERTO (1963)

3. GETZ, STAN/JOAO GILBERTO GETZ/GILBERTO 2

4. GETZ, STAN/JOAO GILBERTO JAZZ AUTOR DE MINUIT

Aug 9, 2001 at 9:41 PM Post #7 of 11
hmm, been reading up a bit....it's not completely instrumentall....

so, are the vocals really good? no cheesy lyrics? seems to be a real classic album, but I'm picky about vocals and stuff.

maybe I should check one of Getz's solo albums?

Aug 9, 2001 at 9:55 PM Post #9 of 11
****, noone has that particualr album!!

anything else?
---------------------------------------------------

edit: scratch that, I'm going blind....
tongue.gif
got it now tho. hope the guys at www.ceedeeveedee.nl find the 2cd 24bit remaster version of Marillion - Misplaced Childhood for me soon so I can order some stuff
smily_headphones1.gif
can't wait man!

Aug 10, 2001 at 6:13 PM Post #11 of 11
well, ordered 'Jazz Samba' (and Kate Bush's 'Hounds Of Love') last night.

and it's not that I didn't trust your recommendation, but with this stuff that I buy mostly for the instrumental part, I want to be 100% sure that I like the vocals. I mean, some Steve Vai albums are highly recommeded everywhere, but with vocals so I find myself constantly "would that guy shut his trap for a moment?!".

are there some mp3's of that album somewhere? I want Napster back
mad.gif
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back