HELP! I kill new Mac?
Jan 8, 2021 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dn2292

New Head-Fier
2018 Mac Mini i7 (few months old)
Today hooked up topping mx3 to power bookshelf speakers and HP’s with just one unit.
it was streaming my tidal for about an hour and then just shut down. Mx3 never lost power, speakers did not pop nor any other sound produced.
Case was warm but not hot, warm like when I render a film. No I did not notice the temp’s.
I was cleaning up the room from moving things around. No was not near computer nor desk when it took the dump.

I waited a few minutes, rebooted went to log in Screen bam shutdown. Waited 20 minutes thinking it was warm, same scenario..../holy crap did overload something by running through usb-lightning or what the heck did I do wrong?

was just straight mac to amp to speaker. At first tried BT but lousy, then I ran through the 3.5 plug. Quickly realized it sounded better through usb, (I have limited usb)so I used a lightning adapter to usb.

this is Dn2292 calling the head-fi guardians, I have an emergency!

Darrell

Jan 10, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #5 of 5
Hard to say really but I don’t see how any connection to the DX3 could have caused any kind of issues to your computer. I don’t know much about Mac computers but that certainly looks like an OS or hardware issue that needs to be investigated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back