Help: How's a CIEM supposed to feel in your ear?
Jun 20, 2015 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

katulu

100+ Head-Fier
I have a question for regular CIEM users: how is the feeling supposed to be? I ask because I had a pair made, they were so loose I had to refit them. Now they are back and seem ok, but they still dont feel sealed, like for example my iems with tips feel like they are sealed. Also if I speak I notice the difference with my iems, the oems are more sealed, and my CIEMS feel like they move if I smile, for example.

Is it supposed to feel like there is a little tightness? Or maybe a feeling of vaccuum if I pull them? I dont think this refit works either...

Any help/comment is appreciated...

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 3
Personally, I don't like it when a vacuum is formed. When I have my customs in, they "sort of" form a seal, so that there is still isolation, but there isn't an annoying strong vacuum space that dulls the music. It might not be of too much help, but the custom should feel... neutral? Snug. 

If your customs break seal when you move your mouth, that just means your ear canals deviate alot from your closed mouth/open mouth position. In other words, it's normal. 

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for your comments. 

Another reason I suspect this refit didnt work either is the fact that I have the universal version as well, and even testing them one after the other, it is pretty obvious at the very least that the customs arent sealing enough (lack of bass).

This sucks, I wanted customs so bad but it seems my ears arent meant for it... I think I will try to do my own impressions next time so I am 100% sure that its not the impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back