Help: How to replace pads for DT880 (03)
Nov 7, 2008 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

callmevil

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, as Ive been reading through head-fi, it seems that changing the plush padding for the dt880 is an easy task..

well, can anyone help/direct me on where/which site to go to for this? i checked the beyerdynamics website but i couldnt find any link towards the earpads..

another thing, if i do manage to get them, how do i get about installing it? as the current one seems to be fixed/glued to the headphones..

help? thanks in advance

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #2 of 10
Replacing the pads is really simple. Just have a look at the outside of your 880s. Notice how the pads have something that looks like fake leather on them. That fake leather cover plastic to which the pads are held. You'll see you can stretch the fake leather a bit so you can get the pads off. The best way to do this is to put your thumb somewhere near the fake leather and your fore finger inside the pads. Then gently pull.

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Replacing the pads is really simple. Just have a look at the outside of your 880s. Notice how the pads have something that looks like fake leather on them. That fake leather cover plastic to which the pads are held. You'll see you can stretch the fake leather a bit so you can get the pads off. The best way to do this is to put your thumb somewhere near the fake leather and your fore finger inside the pads. Then gently pull.

Wow~ thanks! haha how could Ive missed that.. i actually thought the whole thing is 1 piece. cool

now erm anyone can navigate / provide me links to where i can get replacement pads?

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #4 of 10
Where do you live? You can get them from Beyerdynamic if you live in the USA or Germany. If not, you'll need to find a Beyer dealer.

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you live? You can get them from Beyerdynamic if you live in the USA or Germany. If not, you'll need to find a Beyer dealer.

asia.. sigh~ ill just farm ebay for one..
frown.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #6 of 10
no, you'll really want to call beyerdynamic somehow and get the right pads for the dt880/990. The ones for the dt770 (which are widely available and look the same) are not the same and will change the sound. Search here on headfi for discussion of this. It is a huge pain in the ass to get the right replacement pads for the 880. Beyer needs to fix that asap.. especially at 40 USD a pair, they must make quite a bit on each pair sold, so it's dumb of them not to make it easy as cake to buy like Sennheiser does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back