[Help] How Do You Wear Sony MH1C IEM's?
Mar 24, 2013 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xenic

New Head-Fier
Dear members of Head-Fi,

I've read many positive reviews about Sony MH1C, so I ordered it last week and it finally came to my home yesterday.  Upon opening up the package, however, I was sorely confused because of its strange cable design.  To help understand what I mean, here's a link to the picture that I just took:

http://i.imgur.com/iJrPG6s.jpg

As you can see one side of the cord to the ear is much longer than the other.  This may not be a big issue if I could adjust the cord, but the problem is I can't. The cable is stuck like that. 
frown.gif

Another (bigger) issue is the way that the cable is split from the input jack.  Logically, I would think the input jack cable meets the splitting end and splits into two lines each leading to left and right earbuds.  But MH1C seems to do its own strange thing and split from left earbud (the line with the volume controls) into right earbud and input jack.  Seriously, what kind of design is this?  This makes the input jack line float on the side as you can see in the picture and makes it sort of dangling off on the side.

At this point, I almost think I got a faulty MH1C, but I want to ask you guys to see if there's a certain way to wear this IEM that I don't know about.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks for reading!

TL;DR: MH1C seems to have a strange cable design. Instead of splitting from input jack line into L/R earpieces, it goes from L earpiece into R earpiece and input line.  How do I wear this strange headphone?

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #2 of 2
The right earphone cable goes around the back of your neck. This configuration is generally referred to as a "j-cord", but with the MH1Cs it's especially strange.

Surprised you didn't see it mentioned before buying it; the stupid cable probably comes up just as often if not more so than the awesome sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back