HELP! How do you swallow saliva?
Nov 19, 2017 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fahim Foysal

100+ Head-Fier
I know this is kinda off topic but I really need to know something. Imagine you have your mouth closed and relaxing. At some point the middle of your tongue will probably be filled with saliva.(Am I right so far?)

1)What do you think of that makes you initiate the swallow? ( for eg. pulling the saliva inward/upward/downward etc)

2)Do you pull the tongue back/ forward/ upward/ downward etc. Which individual part of tongue (front, mid back) moves where to initiate the swallow and during the swallow?

Every little detail helps. Answer like someone forgot to swallow saliva and you teaching them step by step. I really appreciate everyone taking a moment to answer this.

Nov 20, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #4 of 8
first of all, sorry, thought you were being humorous.
i usually swallow by having it go under my tongue and down my throat.
i don't know what kind of help you will get here, if this is such a issue you might want to get out to a clinic or hospital soon. i am sure that you have done this, but have you typed in your symptoms in a Google search.
i wish you the best in figuring this out as i have had this happen for maybe a minute or two not a week

take care
Bruce

Nov 20, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #5 of 8
The ocd is strong in this one

Nov 23, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #6 of 8
first of all, sorry, thought you were being humorous.
i usually swallow by having it go under my tongue and down my throat.
i don't know what kind of help you will get here, if this is such a issue you might want to get out to a clinic or hospital soon. i am sure that you have done this, but have you typed in your symptoms in a Google search.
i wish you the best in figuring this out as i have had this happen for maybe a minute or two not a week

take care
Bruce
I honestly don't know what kind of doctor to visit. It has been bugging me a lot. The whole thing is kinda my own fault. I started reading about myofunctional therapy. Apparently I was swallowing the wrong way and wanted to correct it. Now all I think the whole day is where my tongue is and how to swallow. I do want to visit a myofunctional therapist but they aren't available in my country

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #8 of 8
Not exactly. This crap has been annoying me for the past week. Care to pitch in your answer?

Marijuana, since that results in what we call "cottonmouth." And no I don't mean we turn into venomous snakes - I mean the mouth gets so dry the breath stinks for another reason.

I honestly don't know what kind of doctor to visit. It has been bugging me a lot.

An ENT? T is for Throat, includes everything in the mouth other than what a dentist works with (ie, teeth and gums) with some overlaps (like the tongue).

Now all I think the whole day is where my tongue is and how to swallow.

I take back the ENT...try a psychiatrist and neurologist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back