1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! How do you swallow saliva?

1. Fahim Foysal
    I know this is kinda off topic but I really need to know something. Imagine you have your mouth closed and relaxing. At some point the middle of your tongue will probably be filled with saliva.(Am I right so far?)

1)What do you think of that makes you initiate the swallow? ( for eg. pulling the saliva inward/upward/downward etc)

2)Do you pull the tongue back/ forward/ upward/ downward etc. Which individual part of tongue (front, mid back) moves where to initiate the swallow and during the swallow?

Every little detail helps. Answer like someone forgot to swallow saliva and you teaching them step by step. I really appreciate everyone taking a moment to answer this.

2. Pewterlocks
    To much free time?

3. Fahim Foysal
    Not exactly. This *** has been annoying me for the past week. Care to pitch in your answer?

4. Pewterlocks
    first of all, sorry, thought you were being humorous.
    i usually swallow by having it go under my tongue and down my throat.
    i don't know what kind of help you will get here, if this is such a issue you might want to get out to a clinic or hospital soon. i am sure that you have done this, but have you typed in your symptoms in a Google search.
    i wish you the best in figuring this out as i have had this happen for maybe a minute or two not a week

take care
    Bruce

Fahim Foysal likes this.
  5. Whazzzup
    The ocd is strong in this one

6. Fahim Foysal
    I honestly don't know what kind of doctor to visit. It has been bugging me a lot. The whole thing is kinda my own fault. I started reading about myofunctional therapy. Apparently I was swallowing the wrong way and wanted to correct it. Now all I think the whole day is where my tongue is and how to swallow. I do want to visit a myofunctional therapist but they aren't available in my country

7. Jerda
    smoke ganja, saliva will not be a problem anymore :floatsmile:

8. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    Marijuana, since that results in what we call "cottonmouth." And no I don't mean we turn into venomous snakes - I mean the mouth gets so dry the breath stinks for another reason.

An ENT? T is for Throat, includes everything in the mouth other than what a dentist works with (ie, teeth and gums) with some overlaps (like the tongue).

I take back the ENT...try a psychiatrist and neurologist.