Help! Help! How to html my resume?
May 13, 2005 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Luvya

100+ Head-Fier
Why don't major job search websites allow attachment of resume!!! I have my resume ready in word format but once I copy and paste, the format is all messed up, like a mess. I tried for an hour to get the format right in html and I just couldn't! It just doesn't look as good as in word format. Anyway, I need your help now. Btw, I couldn't find microsoft html resume wizard
frown.gif
that is weird!

May 13, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 5
Typically you are asked to post your resume in MSWord. If that isn't the case, the best thing to do is to convert your resume to ASCII and post it that way. Nobody expects you to post in HTML unless your job is going to be designing websites or something equally IT-based.
I posted my resume on Monster.com and it looked horrible. I calmed down after speaking to the customer support people. They looked at my resume and said it looked fine but that it wouldn't look good to me. The formatting works out from their end and from the point of view of employers looking at it, which is where it really matters.
Good luck with the job search!

May 13, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #5 of 5
I should add that i use Cute PDF Writer which is free and it is set up as a printer so it is a simple process to choose "print" from the menu then choose "Cute PDF" and then hit the print button to create a "Portable Document File" formatted just like the word file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back