Help: Headphones choices
Apr 9, 2008 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

WiredCon

100+ Head-Fier
I'd like to know what are the headphones that can be well matched with iPhone. I plan to use headphones with iPhone and Macbook pro with a decent soundcard, if I can find any.

At this moment, I don't want to go with extra amp route, and IEMs that I've tried so far are not giving me satisfactory results.

For my own music taste, I've been recommended to check out Grado 325i, MS2i , AKG501, and AT AD-2000 (I listen to female jazz vocals, and classical-strings mostly). I like slightly forward mid and a sensation where the singer's voice touches your face from slight distance. but not on the face. I'm not too good at describing these things but I guess I'm trying tell you that I LOVE the mid from tube amps.

Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

Apr 9, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 3
I would go AKG for the female voices, but trying to run the K501 w/out an amp might be futile (My K701s hardly work with my ipod). Ampless, I would take the MS2i out of the choices you listed.

Apr 12, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for your tip. It seems like there are too many choices and hard to make up my mind since there's no way for me to try them out in person. Anyway, those open cans might be a problem since I'll be using them in public places, including library. I 'm not sure if I'm gonna be bothering anyone with open cans that much? Or, is it accpetable in places where they require to be quiet?

I wouldnt know since I've never experienced open design headphones...hmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back