Help headphones and dac,dac/amp,dap or dap/dac/amp
Mar 11, 2018 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Therolex

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm Hüseyin. My first post here.
Just gonna say, I have just a very, very, basic knowledge of audio in general, so sorry if I sound like a noob.ı want buy headphone but I will use iPhone X everytime my questions:
1)what type of headset should I buy?iem,ciem or headphone
2)With what equipment do I get the most accurate sound? Only dac,only amp,only dac/amp,dab or dab/dac/amp equipment
3)wired headset or wireless headset for true sound what kind?
4)Say me true combination true headphone true equipment
I want buy high end headphones (hd800,lcd2 or other)end high end equipment .i have 2.000-2.500$ pls help me for true combination I want find true sound for me
Note : I use headphones and equipment with iPhone X
Thank you all answers

Mar 11, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 21
It would help if you said what type of sound signature your looking for as most accurate can mean different things . Do you like bright , warm or a more neutral sound?
And also where do you plan to use them. If your mobile that would be different than at home where you can use a computer as source rather than a phone or dap.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #3 of 21
It would help if you said what type of sound signature your looking for as most accurate can mean different things . Do you like bright , warm or a more neutral sound?
I like natural sound after warm sound dear I usually listen to pop,electronic,and sometimes hard and my Source usualy my phone sometimes my computer

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 21
You have a good budget to get something very nice. Unless you need something mobile I would recommend getting headphones. If you want warm I would cross the 800’s off your list. Great headphone ( I own them ) but they are bright but the soundstage is hard to beat. The LCD 2 would come in as warm and with very good mids and very good bass also. Myself I would like to build up to spending that kind of money if you haven’t had too many headphones before. Next question what other headphones do you have and if what did you like or dislike about them?

Mar 11, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 21
You have a good budget to get something very nice. Unless you need something mobile I would recommend getting headphones. If you want warm I would cross the 800’s off your list. Great headphone ( I own them ) but they are bright but the soundstage is hard to beat. The LCD 2 would come in as warm and with very good mids and very good bass also. Myself I would like to build up to spending that kind of money if you haven’t had too many headphones before. Next question what other headphones do you have and if what did you like or dislike about them?
I didt have hi-fi headphones Before ı use apple earspod now.I'm novice about headphones.Do you have a brand you can recommend?

Mar 11, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 21
Well that makes a difference for sure. I’m sure by insulation you meant isolation . I would go with iem’s if you are looking for something portable then. There are some over ear headphones that do well with isolation also but in ears are a better bet for that. Custom Iem’s would probably be better though I have not owned a pair yet and the cost is quite considerably more for them and as you don’t know what you really want dropping that kind of cash on them wouldn’t be prudent at this juncture. If you have someplace to hear higher end earphones close to you that would be the place to start but I’m guessing there aren’t too many as there aren’t here for me either. I have been to two CanJams so I have heard most of the Top of the Line Iems so I know what I like from them. My suggestion to you is that you have a good budget is buy a few lesser iems and get to know what you like in terms of sound signature. Being that your are using a iPhone X you will need a dac/amp as it doesn’t have a headphone out now but the dongle on the iPhone 7 isn’t too bad but a dac ampwould be better.

Mar 11, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #8 of 21
Well that makes a difference for sure. I’m sure by insulation you meant isolation . I would go with iem’s if you are looking for something portable then. There are some over ear headphones that do well with isolation also but in ears are a better bet for that. Custom Iem’s would probably be better though I have not owned a pair yet and the cost is quite considerably more for them and as you don’t know what you really want dropping that kind of cash on them wouldn’t be prudent at this juncture. If you have someplace to hear higher end earphones close to you that would be the place to start but I’m guessing there aren’t too many as there aren’t here for me either. I have been to two CanJams so I have heard most of the Top of the Line Iems so I know what I like from them. My suggestion to you is that you have a good budget is buy a few lesser iems and get to know what you like in terms of sound signature. Being that your are using a iPhone X you will need a dac/amp as it doesn’t have a headphone out now but the dongle on the iPhone 7 isn’t too bad but a dac ampwould be better.
Bro how is isalation hd 800 and lcd 2 ? I want buy on ear or over the ear ı dont ilke iems .you can write other brands you know Sony,Oppo,bayerdinamic etc and u why ypu Said dac/amp why not dab?

Mar 11, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #9 of 21
There is no isolation on those two and I would not want to take the out and about is the reason I mentioned iems. We might have a language problem here. If you want something to take outside then a iem would be best as people around you wouldn’t hear what you are listening too but with the 800’ and LCD 2’s they would.

Mar 11, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #10 of 21
There is no isolation on those two and I would not want to take the out and about is the reason I mentioned iems. We might have a language problem here. If you want something to take outside then a iem would be best as people around you wouldn’t hear what you are listening too but with the 800’ and LCD 2’s they would.
Ok ı understood also ı want use outside u Said me iems better Then on ear and the over ear ı will buy iems.Is there a good brand you can recommend? I dont know iems brand and Is there a good brand you can recommend for equipment?

Mar 11, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #11 of 21
I think you should start small and not go all in with your budget. I think before you spend a bunch of money you should know what sound you like. I think get a pair of 1More Quad Drivers and see what you think. They are pretty of middle of the road and would be what we would help you on something better. I think you need a reference before spending $2K plus.

Mar 11, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #12 of 21
I think you need a reference before spending $2K plus.
Good advice.

If you dont want an IEM and still want isolation a closed back headphone such as the Mr.Speakers Aeon Flow Closed +Chord Mojo will work very well and be well under your 2k budget.

Mar 12, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #13 of 21
Just gonna say, I have just a very, very, basic knowledge of audio in general, so sorry if I sound like a noob.ı want buy headphone but I will use iPhone X everytime my questions:
1)what type of headset should I buy?iem,ciem or headphone

"Headset" refers to a headphone with a mic.

As for those you listed, it depends on where you'll use them. If you'll use them in a public space as much as (if not more than) at home, then get an IEM or CIEM for isolation.

2)With what equipment do I get the most accurate sound? Only dac,only amp,only dac/amp,dab or dab/dac/amp equipment

That depends. If your headphones/IEMs need more power then they need an amp, and an amp needs a clean line input signal, so you need either a DAC. Or a DAC-HPamp that has a powerful enough amp circuit which is more common with portables (ie separate amps with DAC-only units are rare in portables).

Also if your concern is really accurate sound your best bet is to build a speaker system in a large dampened room and has less to do with the electronics either way.

3)wired headset or wireless headset for true sound what kind?

That depends on how you'll use them and what compromises to the sound you'd prefer, since engineers also make different compromises and that's why headphones sound different from each other.

4)Say me true combination true headphone true equipment
I want buy high end headphones (hd800,lcd2 or other)end high end equipment .i have 2.000-2.500$ pls help me for true combination I want find true sound for me
Note : I use headphones and equipment with iPhone X[/QUOTE]

Not sure how the iPhoneX works with DACs and DAC-HPamps but at the very least you're going to need the Lightning to USB accessory converter. Or at least get a DAC-HPamp that has a dedicated iDevice USB-A input in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back