Help...Headphone bag?
Feb 22, 2006 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Shmuel

100+ Head-Fier
akg 701's came last night
fell asleep late at night with a smile on my face
anyway, now desparately in need of bag to carry it from one place to
another
i remember seeing a large enough looking bag, with shoulder strap, shaped to fit large headphones, with more room on bottom than on top.....somewhere
(internet, magazine, ???)

any ideas which case this might be?

any suggestions?

thanks,
Shmuel

Feb 22, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
Or one of these?

http://www.headphone.com/products/system-bags/

The HeadRoom HeadCase Headphone Bag ($39) is EXACTLY what I have been looking for (for my ATH-A900LTDs). It'll be a nice replacement for the grocery-store-variety plastic bag I've been using.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info,
Russell

Feb 22, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 12
I wonder if there is any way for the Headroom bag to manage the cord inside to keep the cord from getting tangled up/scratching the headphone.

Feb 22, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by joop
Are you referring to these???

Avcomm P3P01 avation pilot bag

Looks pretty cool.

Does anyone actually have this bag? It does look like it would work well but I was wondering if anyone has firsthand experience with it as well as the seller on e-bay.

Feb 22, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 12
Found a couple of bags, one an avcomm (I think a different model) here.

One looks pretty nice.

Edit: took a look at that $39 HeadRoom model. It looks practically identical to the $17 (with shipping) Avcomm job on Ebay except different color and no aviation wings. Honestly, I love HeadRoom, but that's pretty steep for a canvass bag.

Feb 22, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell
The HeadRoom HeadCase Headphone Bag ($39) is EXACTLY what I have been looking for (for my ATH-A900LTDs). It'll be a nice replacement for the grocery-store-variety plastic bag I've been using.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info,
Russell

Be aware: I own that bag and while I can get my A900s into it, I find it too tight of a fit. It will hold Senn 595/580/600/650s perfectly though.

Feb 22, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by BluesDaddy
Found a couple of bags, one an avcomm (I think a different model) here.

One looks pretty nice.

Edit: took a look at that $39 HeadRoom model. It looks practically identical to the $17 (with shipping) Avcomm job on Ebay except different color and no aviation wings. Honestly, I love HeadRoom, but that's pretty steep for a canvass bag.

Yeah, that is pretty steep for a basic bag like that. I have a seperate compartment in my backpack that I don't use so I just stick mine in there with a jacket around them.

Feb 23, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Be aware: I own that bag and while I can get my A900s into it, I find it too tight of a fit. It will hold Senn 595/580/600/650s perfectly though.

Hmmmm.... Thanks for the info. I guess I'll keep searching!
frown.gif
What I'd really like is a bag similar to the pleather drawstring pouch that came with my old MDR-CD1700s. (I now use that pouch to hold my Stax SRS-3030 phones.)

Russell

Feb 23, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by BluesDaddy

Headroom bags are custom designed, and made in USA, probably sold in low volumes, which accounts for the higher price. I'd guess the other one is a Chinese made product. I'm not saying the Headroom bag is worth it (in fact I would never pay that much for such a simple bag unless it was custom made for the headphone), I'm just saying it's different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back