Help Head-Fi $$$$$
Apr 12, 2003 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
When I was selling a Cardas cable it was suggested I give it to Jude to auction. How about set up a Paypal acount for donations? I've got $20 I would be willing to support the cause. Lets do this!
cool.gif

got any spare change?

Apr 13, 2003 at 1:36 AM Post #2 of 9
I don't have any spare change (who would if you hang around this place more then seeing people
tongue.gif
) but I'd like to contribute my share.

However, isn't this a rather complicated process. Because the webmaster of this place would have to set a charity account for donations or something to do this legally?

Apr 13, 2003 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 9
Seriusly folks. In my town hey might be cutting art and music classes at the K-5 grades. So if there is anything I can do to keep Head-fi up I'll do it. I really like stopping here. It has cost be a lot of money, whats a few more bucks.. I',m happy.
cool.gif

Apr 13, 2003 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
We could just give Jude money.
cool.gif

nope.

not cool.

Apr 13, 2003 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 9
Jude has repeatedly said he will NOT accept direct donations as he believes that no one should feel obligated to donate to Head-Fi. I believe he has stated that Head-Fi will get its money solely from sponsors and always keep Head-Fi absolutely cost free to the users. If you want to support Head-Fi buy from the sponsors or the buy stuff through the amazon.com link on the main page.

Apr 13, 2003 at 7:10 PM Post #8 of 9
The PM limit is quite... limiting.
Especially with everyone and their brother asking about A-T's
evil_smiley.gif

Premium membership would be nice, but so is better management of your PM boxes. I think Jude is on absolutely the correct track. A two-tier system isn't that great. If you have something you don't want then it should go to some sort of competition so that newbies can get a crack at 'gateway drugs'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back