Help:: HD650 VS ULE-2200
Jan 13, 2008 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

leykias

New Head-Fier
HEllo you headphone freaks-

long time lurker, first time poster.

I just wanted to know if anyone had experiences with both hd650 vs ultrasone 2200

I'm thinking of getting one of these..but can't decide.

I like warm rather than harsh highs. I'll be running ampless for now.

Ive read the rather limited posts about the 2200 as I can find and the infinite posts of the hd650's but no one seems to compare.

Thanks guys!
icon10.gif

-Steve

Jan 13, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi Leykias,

I'm pretty newbie in this site too, but have been "suffering" this hobby for many years. Just happens that I didn't join this club earlier.

I've had the Senn 650 but decided to keep the HD600 instead. I still have a pair of Ultrasone HFI 2200 ULE, which I got a year and a half ago. I'd say that depending on your music and sound taste one would suit you better than the other. Going unamped, the 2200 will sound louder and warmer. An iPod would make them sound pretty loud (for my ears), but won't make a pair of 650 to sound properly, I mean not even close to what they can do. However the 2200 are kind of "lower hifi" regarding detail, treble extension and tone, airiness, midrange richness... 2200 have fuller bass, specially unamped, and probably reaching a tad bit of lower frequencies than the HD650, not more than a couple of semitones though.
OTOH the Senns are more comfortable, your ears (the pinnae) will fit into the can perfectly -unless you're an elf- and will have some space to breath. The Ultrasones have smaller cups and will be standing on the ear lobe weren't your ears really small. This makes them run hotter. They also have a tighter fit and you'll feel more pressure on the ears, specially if your head is on the bigger side of normal. For sound they're non fatiguing, but for wearing and fit, they could be tiring, in spite their pads are soft and don't warm as much as leather or fake leather ones.

Had you more specific questions I'd be glad answering them.
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back