Help! guitar center (don't shop here), cancelling my order after taking my money.
Dec 13, 2006 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

100+ Head-Fier
Yesterday, I bought a headphone from Guitar Center b&m, using price match to a website. Then, today, they called saying that they can't do the price match because it's a slightly different model (the only difference is the year it's made). Can they do this after they've taken my money yesterday? I have the receipt of my order. Why didn't they say no yesterday, instead of taking my money first then refusing to sell it.

Any inputs, appreciated.

I would strongly suggest everyone NOT to shop at guitar center. Ridiculously overpriced.

Dec 13, 2006 at 10:30 AM Post #2 of 8
I believe that you're entitle to your full refund of the order.

Otherwise, the vendor reserves the right to cancel your order at any time. They can simply declare that they're out of stock.

That sucks....
mad.gif

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Dec 13, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 465 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yesterday, I bought a headphone from Guitar Center b&m, using price match to a website. Then, today, they called saying that they can't do the price match because it's a slightly different model (the only difference is the year it's made). Can they do this after they've taken my money yesterday? I have the receipt of my order. Why didn't they say no yesterday, instead of taking my money first then refusing to sell it.

Any inputs, appreciated.

Sorry you're having a bad experience, maybe the "slightly different model" is indeed priced differently. If it was the same EXACT model and production year I'd tell you to stand infront of the register and not move until you get your product, but that's not the case. Did you try talking to the manager? maybe s-he can work something out with you.
What headphone is it? Beyers? I know they're letting the old dt770 go very cheap because I bought one there a few weeks ago. I think the new ones are more expensive and they have to order them.

Quote:

I would strongly suggest everyone NOT to shop at guitar center. Ridiculously overpriced.

ALL audio shops are ridiculously overpriced. At least guitar center has always matched (or beat) the lowest price I can find, even from less than reputable internet shops. The've given me excelent deals on several headphones and other gear. IMO Guitar Center is the best, I like the prices and the way they treat me as a customer.
Good luck to you, I hope you find your hp at a good price.
280smile.gif

Dec 14, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #6 of 8
Nah.. wait, now that bushguy isn't here we can get something done
Can you tell us which headphone it was?
If it's DT770 '03 and '05, it's pretty obvious they're not going to price match

They probably said yes in the first place because you said 'they're the same thing' and then they found out otherwise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back