HELP!! Grattle attack!!!
Dec 1, 2001 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Onix

Papá de Iñaki
Hell, oh, hell, oh hell. I am getting grattle on my MS-1's. Please somebody help. Do I fix them myself, do I send them to Alessandro's or Grado, or what the heck shall I do? Please, please, please help.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Dec 1, 2001 at 10:21 PM Post #4 of 15
how many times do i have to tell people how to cure grattles, god, it´s so simple, play them EXTREMELY loud off your head(to the point well before distortion, though) of course, the drivers automatically decrease themselves and any wires in the way will grattle themselves away, it works believe me.

Dec 1, 2001 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Gradoistcool
how many times do i have to tell people how to cure grattles, god, it´s so simple, play them EXTREMELY loud off your head(to the point well before distortion, though) of course, the drivers automatically decrease themselves and any wires in the way will grattle themselves away, it works believe me.

How long shall I play them? Thanks Gradoistcool, I know you are one of the experts.

Dec 2, 2001 at 1:33 AM Post #6 of 15
You could also try sucking the crinkles out. Suck on the backs of the drivers? I dunno, sound funny but ive heard it works. None of my grados ever grattled soo....

Dec 2, 2001 at 2:47 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by freethetree
You could also try sucking the crinkles out. Suck on the backs of the drivers? I dunno, sound funny but ive heard it works. None of my grados ever grattled soo....

I took a vacuum cleaner to the back of my SR-125s once as I thought they might be dusty... I had a replacement a week later.
redface.gif

Dec 3, 2001 at 1:23 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Wait... shouldn't it buy you dinner first?

MacDEF, that is one of the funniest things I have heard in recent memory.....and also a very good point.

edit: I wanted to aplaud the change you made to your title too, Hussy has much more flair. How does one add those titles anyway? I couldn't figure it out...or are they bestowed by the head-fi gods?

Dec 5, 2001 at 3:13 AM Post #14 of 15
The problem seems to have been reduced. Like I get grattle only on 50% of the cd's I play. Most of it seems to happen while playing metal, for example. Any suggestions on what shall I do? Should I do the loud volumen again?

Dec 8, 2001 at 5:43 PM Post #15 of 15
I tried my ol' Grado SR 60's with my iPod. The right channel had the grattles. I tried hooking them up to my Headroom Max and cranked them for about 1 1/2 hrs. No more grattle. Thanks.

Lextek
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back