Help give me suggestions on the best headphones for me
Dec 20, 2004 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

csice

New Head-Fier
I want a pair of black earbud phones under $70. I have checked out the Sony ex71's, and the e2c's. While I find the e2c's over my price range, I can't help but want them, and I love the case they come with. Do you guys have suggestion on the best pair given the requirements?

Dec 20, 2004 at 9:27 AM Post #2 of 11
I heard some good things on the forum, I think, about these : Sharp HP-MD33S Four Pole
f_sharp_hpmd33s.jpg

They are on AudioCube.com.

Dec 20, 2004 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 11
Actually the Shure E2c's are not over 70 (http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...8&loc=111&sp=1). free shipping too.

I have had a set of 71EX phones for well over a year and they are good phones. But I got a set of E2c's about a month ago. They are much more clear, and resolve better to me.

One thing about the Shure's, the buds and tips run large. So if your ears are small, the foamies will be it. It can be a pain to get them to fit. Also, it is possible to rig the 71EX tips onto the Shure's.

Hope this helps.

Dec 20, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by csice
I want a pair of black earbud phones under $70. I have checked out the Sony ex71's, and the e2c's. While I find the e2c's over my price range, I can't help but want them, and I love the case they come with. Do you guys have suggestion on the best pair given the requirements?

You should be able to find the E2cs for under $70.

Here is one example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=73841

Dec 22, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 11
Thank you very much. I just had a few more questions. Which ones are more comfortable? Next, I know this is kind of a dumb question, but is there any way I could get a case for the phones similar to the one that comes with the e2c's(I have never really cared for the cheap plastic ones that come with earbuds)? And lastly, with the e2c's, don't people normally use the foam tips instead of the clear ones? I just like the looks of the clear ones and don't care for the foam.(although you won't really see them, but I'm just picky I guess)

Dec 22, 2004 at 5:30 AM Post #9 of 11
Thanks for all of the info, I just have one last question aout the E2c's. Are the rubber sleeves comfortable at all? I don't think I have heard anyone say they use them over the foam.

Dec 22, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #10 of 11
i use them over the foam. i use the smalls normally, since i might have to pull them out of my ear when i wear them at work to talk to someone.

the foams are a pain to keep taking in an out, but are prolly more comfortable for long wears.

but i can wear the flex sleves for 2-3 hours at a time with no ear pain.

Dec 22, 2004 at 6:45 AM Post #11 of 11
I was at Tower records yesterday and they had a maxell EX71 clone. Looked very similar but half the price. Anyone tried these? I wonder of theyre somewhere in between the MD33 and EX51/71... tone wise?

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back