Help get OGG support on Creative Players
Jul 9, 2004 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jmb

100+ Head-Fier
I was over at the Nomadness forums yesterday and came across this petition to Creative to add OGG support to their next firmware update for Creative portable HD players. If interested in please visit the following link

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/oggpet/

Your support is appreciated. Thanks all
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 5
That would be great! I thought they should have also asked for FLAC support in the petition, but I will settle for OGG.

The part I like about it is that it is gapless. I am satisfied with the quality of LAME VBR MP3s for portable listening. However, it has been annoyiong trying to workaround the gapless problem with MP3's on my Jukebox. A lot of my music is live concerts, thus the problem is serious for me. The only full proof solution I have found is ripping the entire album or concert recording into a single MP3. I've tried all the suggestions out there and that is the only one that works. It is OK, but I like to have the individual tracks, particularly when I use the Play All Tracks function.

Crossfading would be a nice feature to go with the Play All Tracks as well, so the transition between songs isn't so jarring.

Jul 10, 2004 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSMR
Yes, some form of lossless would be nice. Annonyingly, they support all forms of wma 9 up to lossless, but not lossless.

As I understand it from the engineers at Rio, all portable players which support WMA 9 are using a playback engine provided to them by Microsoft, and that provided engine doesn't support WMA9-lossless. So no portable is going to have WMA9-lossless unless Microsoft decides to update the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back