Help for picking Headphones for around $180 for Rock, Jazz and Classical.
Dec 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

All1ed

New Head-Fier
Hello, Newbie here..

I currently own a Sansa Clip + and a pair of Brainwavz m1.
I want headphones to listen to music using my Sansa Clip and on my laptop, which is a Lenovo Y580 ( I don't know if that really matters)

I listen to Rock, Jazz and Classical music the most and have around $150-$200 to spend on a good pair of circumnaural open headphones. I'm willing to spend $100 more later in an amp (I don't know if portable or not..) (Won't buy it if it's not necesary)

I was thinking of buying the HD598, as I read there was no need to get an amp to power them up.

What do you think? Should I pull the trigger and just buy the HD598's?

Thank you for reading.

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 5
i think the HD 598 will do well with the music you listen to, and i wouldn't think twice about buying them.

however there may be better options once you move the budget up to 200 dollars, but again from what i hear the HD 598s are great at their price.

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #4 of 5
i think the HD 598 will do well with the music you listen to, and i wouldn't think twice about buying them.

however there may be better options once you move the budget up to 200 dollars, but again from what i hear the HD 598s are great at their price.

Hello,
Thanks for answering.
I would be willing to spend around $200 if it's worth it. The problem is that i've only found headphones that need an amp for that price.
What are the alternatives?

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 5
yeah most headphones at the 200 price point need an amp.

try looking at the HP100, it can sound pretty good un-amped but gets better with one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back