help for computer as source $100-$500
Oct 15, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiandude
do you know where i can find specs on the DAC-AH HA! and the Zhaolu D2.x? for example low-pass filter info, SNR, THD all that good stuff?

thanks

No idea for the zhaolu, but for the AH HA, send an email to pacific valve.

Oct 15, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #17 of 19
ive requested spec sheets for both, but in the meantime what are youre feelings about the lowpass filter on the DAC-AH HA!, and just its general strong points that set it apart from others making it good?
thanks

I think its pretty final that im getting the Juli@ so im prolly gonna run a 50' optical cable to my receiver below and then put the DAC on top of the reciever
will going though reclock the bitstream, defeating the pupose of getting the low jitter Juli@? this is the Yamaha RX-V2200 and its not stated in the owners manual.
rxv2200qk1.gif

Oct 19, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiandude
ive requested spec sheets for both, but in the meantime what are youre feelings about the lowpass filter on the DAC-AH HA!, and just its general strong points that set it apart from others making it good?
thanks

I think its pretty final that im getting the Juli@ so im prolly gonna run a 50' optical cable to my receiver below and then put the DAC on top of the reciever
will going though reclock the bitstream, defeating the pupose of getting the low jitter Juli@? this is the Yamaha RX-V2200 and its not stated in the owners manual.
rxv2200qk1.gif

Well I am very new to DACs and I don't know in detail on the terminology about them, all I know are what I have read about them here and the reviews that get posted here.

I have read very good things about the DAC-AH in general, like it has a very nice analog and vinyl sound to it, and I have pretty much read even better things about Pacific Valve's DAC-AH M1, which is a slightly modified DAC-AH. And they just released this DAC-AH HA! which is heavily modified and nobody seems to own one yet, and since I am in need of a DAC I decided to be the first. It should be here next week.

I can post impressions then. I don't know much about using a receiver with the Juli@.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back