help for a closed, circum-aurali headphone for 200€
May 14, 2015 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ansem

Head-Fier
Hi at all guys!
i'm searching a good pair of headphone for 200€ :)
I need them to be
- closed
- circum-aurali
- comfrtable (i'll use them for a lot of hours every day) 
- good isolation
- i like good bass :) now i have the sennheiser HD 439 for example
I'll use them for music most of all. The use wiil this:
-80% music: epic,gothic and power metal. plus a little of punk and classic (ost of games) music
-20% films and games

i saw the akg k550, there is some other good heaphone? :) i really don't like the 3 meters not detachable cable of the akg :/

May 15, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #2 of 6
The K550s have good bass extension, but not bass emphasis. So good headphone, but they might not give you want you want.

I like the Soundmagic HP150 because the sub bass is a bit emphasized over the K550.

May 15, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #3 of 6
thanks for the help :)
i also saw this headphones:
-senn urbanite XL: they seems very comfortable and goodlooking :)
- sony mdr -1A: for what i read this is the new version of the 1r
Audio Technica Pro ATH-M50X: are this so good? they don't seems much comfortable, also they are ugly :/

Wich of these is the best?i really like the aennheiser urbanite, but they sound good? 
Also i tried some sony's headphone, but they usually have very low bass for what i heard :/

May 15, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 6
i had similar a couple of weeks ago, tried the k550 and could not recommend them enough excellent headphones.  I tried albeit a faulty pair of M50x and there was so much bass to my ears.  I was able to try the k550 before i bough instore.  If you can do this do it.  

I listewn to a lot of death and black metal as well as other metal lots of machine head and i like the seperation the k550s have.  My onlu critisism is the hifghs sound a little harsh but this could have been the amp i was using to drive off the amp and direct into the player as i forgot to charge it sounded better so giving that a go 

May 15, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 6
  thanks for the help :)
i also saw this headphones:
-senn urbanite XL: they seems very comfortable and goodlooking :)
- sony mdr -1A: for what i read this is the new version of the 1r
Audio Technica Pro ATH-M50X: are this so good? they don't seems much comfortable, also they are ugly :/

Wich of these is the best?i really like the aennheiser urbanite, but they sound good? 
Also i tried some sony's headphone, but they usually have very low bass for what i heard :/

Urbanite: very bassy, but not the best bass quality around. I do not recommend these.
MDR-1A: Very nice balanced sound with a bit of bass emphasis. Very comfortable, but the bass lacks texture. I like it, but you might find it lacking in bass quality.
ATH-M50X: Good sounding headphones. They were comfortable enough for me, but I have heard people complain about their long term comfort.

There is also the new AKG K553. I haven't received mine yet, but I have heard it's similar to the K550, but with more emphasized bass. The K550 was already praised for it's bass quality, the K553 appears to have the quantity as well. You could look around for reviews. I think these are the headphones that suit you best.
The cable might be a bother, but there are videos that show you how to braid it. that makes it much less of a hassle.

EDIT: I forgot to ask: Will you be using them at home or outside as well? The K550/553 do isolate quite well, but they are also very large and therefore less practical for portable use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back