Help fixing my Stax energiser please
Feb 6, 2006 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

keiron99

100+ Head-Fier
Stupid, stupid me.

I have a Stax SRM3 energiser. It was working beautifully. However, lacking remote control of volume I wired it up to my preamp so that I could remotely control the volume. And egged on by someone else, against my better judgement, I decided to play around with the internal wiring in an attempt to "bypass" the volume control. Don't ask why. I followed instructions offered to me on another forum, which basically involved removing the wires from the pot, and joining appropriate wires together.

However, all this gave me when switching on was a lot of noise and hum. So, I put it back together into its original state. And whilst I have music, and the volume control works, it is accompanied by a loud hum and buzz. I am unable to see anything obviously wrong in there.

Can anyone offer any advice, perhaps refer me to someone in the UK who can repair, or even weave a magic spell to turm the clock back a week?

Feb 7, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #2 of 2
Eeuw! Sounds expensive. Surely there is a Stax dealer who can help, unless it is a gray market item. I just got the 717, which appears to be configured to allow this, but I haven't tried it and probably won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back