Help fixing Minibox e+
Feb 29, 2008 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kydsid

500+ Head-Fier
Recently purchased a minibox e+. Nice amp. Sounds great with my 225's. Unfortunately the better half threw out the receipt the day after I bought it, hence my current dilema.

It seems that the headphone jack is faulty. It was a little loose and wobly when I got it, and it isn't any better know. It seems that internally it doesn't connect well with the jack in addition to being loosely mounted to the frame and pcb.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement jack and/or know of the specs/pictures to fix this?

Or should I just try and return it?

Feb 29, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently purchased a minibox e+. Nice amp. Sounds great with my 225's. Unfortunately the better half threw out the receipt the day after I bought it, hence my current dilema.

It seems that the headphone jack is faulty. It was a little loose and wobly when I got it, and it isn't any better know. It seems that internally it doesn't connect well with the jack in addition to being loosely mounted to the frame and pcb.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement jack and/or know of the specs/pictures to fix this?

Or should I just try and return it?

Their customer service is excellent, contact them. As far as the receipt if you purchased it w/ a credit card or paypal getting a receipt should not be a problem. Good luck.

Feb 29, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 7
I'm having the same problem with mine, but I got mine second hand from a member here. The input loses contact with the mini-cable with the slightest movements, which makes this much less portable than it really is.
Do you think I would be able to have anything done to it since it was made december of last year? Thanks

Feb 29, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by autosound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having the same problem with mine, but I got mine second hand from a member here. The input loses contact with the mini-cable with the slightest movements, which makes this much less portable than it really is.
Do you think I would be able to have anything done to it since it was made december of last year? Thanks

Mine was made in December also. Anyone else with this problem? and made in the same month?

Feb 29, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their customer service is excellent, contact them. As far as the receipt if you purchased it w/ a credit card or paypal getting a receipt should not be a problem. Good luck.

I did use paypal so that does help. Didn't think of that, thanks.

Feb 29, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #6 of 7
I had one go bad a few months ago (Minibox-e) not the plus version, and I emailed them and they just had me send it in, and they replaced it. No hassle, I don't even recall if they asked for my receipt, they probably have a record of purchase at their end.

Feb 29, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did use paypal so that does help. Didn't think of that, thanks.

Backed by a credit card ? Contact them and ask for help.

When I was looking to them to get an amp for my step daughter,I was not impressed with thier CS,but hopefully things have changed since then.Given mrarroyo's comments it would seem so !
smily_headphones1.gif
GL !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back