Help finding wire
Apr 11, 2007 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

GAD

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking to make my own IC cable. I've found the connectors I want (Switchcraft RA plugs), but I can't find the wire I want.

I'm looking for copper wire that has the look of the Cryo Jena wire used in ALO cryo docks:

http://www.aloaudio.com/jumbocryodoc...ocryodock.html

I have a cryo and love it, but I'm looking to have some fun and build an 1/8" - 1/8" IC.

The wire doesn't have to be cryo or Jena (though if you have a source let me know), but I want that nice visible copper look. I'll be braiding the cable and I won't be covering with techflex.

Thanks!

GAD

Apr 14, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #6 of 11
Navships on e-bay sells some really high quality silver plated copper. It is really good stuff and a lot of people around here use it.

Apr 14, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mminutel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Navships on e-bay sells some really high quality silver plated copper. It is really good stuff and a lot of people around here use it.

+1, but try cryoparts if you want a true cryo-dock. These guys are great with customer service and shipping. The guy even called me like 5 minutes after I ordered to tell me he was packing my order and they had ran out of a color of techflex I wanted and to ask what replacement color I wanted, anyway, as it turns out, they had it in stock, but calling me to confirm was just awesome. I got my order 2 days after I clicked Pay Now.

Navships, while his prices are great and his quality is awesome, does hesitate to ship out your orders, took 5 days before he even shipped out my wire.

Apr 14, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #8 of 11
Hmmm. I had mine 3 days after order.

Apr 14, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #11 of 11
Is hYdrociTy in band camp?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back