Help finding perfect closed headphones
Sep 21, 2014 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

stevendom

New Head-Fier
Hi, im looking for the best all purpose headohpones. I recently started another thread and got lots of good recomendations but they where all open back design headphones.I want to use mt headphones for gaming and for genral music listening so open back is probably the best idea but i just cant see spending 200 bucks on headphones and not even being able to ware them outside of my home. do you know of any headphones that are good for music, good soundtage and emersion for gaming, very confertable, closed back and under 200 bucks? I do know im asking alot but if you know of any that fit the qualifications please share becasue they will be perfect for me. Also If i ware open back headphones such as the ath ad900x and im skype gaming with my friends will they be able to hear the game, and is the sound leakage really that bad that i cant wear them in public? If open back is fine for leakage i could get them but i still want to know of good closed back headphones.

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 2
Have you considered Audio Technica M50 (or the newer M50x?)

Another option I must recommend is Shure SRH440. While a studio monitor I don't know of a more detailed headphone for $100 and it can be great for all your applications. The one thing you will need to sacrifice using a closed headphone is some of that soundstage an open back design offers, though by no means bad.

How much an open back headphone leaks will come down the design and how loud you listen.

But if you want to play online games and use them while on the mic you won't have much problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back