Help finding my iems
May 23, 2017 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

tiralex

New Head-Fier
Hi there, I'm looking forward to buy a good set of iems, but I'm so lost I don't even know what to get...
Even though I don't consider myself a basshead, i'd like it to be present and punchy. Present mids and clear highs. I own a pair of soundmagic e10 earphones. I'm looking for something like that... punchy and not overwhelming bass while being nice and clear, isolation would be much appreciated. Would be nice if it also had a detachable cable... My budget goes around 250-300, but I could stretch a bit more if needed... I've come up with a short list:

Dunu dn 1000
Dunu dn 2000
Dunu titan 1, 3, 5
MEE audio Pinnacle P1
Fiio EX 1 2 generation
Shure 215-315?

Would appreciate any help, Thanks in advance guys :D

May 23, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 14
If you are willing to stretch your budget a bit I would highly recommend audeze iSine 10. I am not a fan of IEMs but I love my iSine. My UE 900 and Shure 215 get absolutely no love now that my iSine are in the picture.

May 23, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 14
If you are willing to stretch your budget a bit I would highly recommend audeze iSine 10. I am not a fan of IEMs but I love my iSine. My UE 900 and Shure 215 get absolutely no love now that my iSine are in the picture.
Lol I don't even think that the Audeze iSine 10 should even be classified as an IEM. More of an IEH if that's a thing now.

May 23, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #5 of 14
Yeah it's more of an IEH, which I guess it's a thing now. But still they more targeted and in direct competition with the IEM market than the full size headphone market.

May 24, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #9 of 14
I'm really liking the t20s, only if it had detachable cable... Do you think the stock cable is robust enough to last years?
I know this may be at the edge of your budget, but if you would like to purchase a pair of Shures, then maybe give the Shure SE425 a look. It has lushes mids and very tight and punchy bass. It may sound sibilant with certain tips, but once you find the right one, they sound amazingly smooth. It almost sounds as smooth as butter. They usually cost around $299.99, and as I said earlier that this is right at the edge of your current budget of 250-300. If I were you, I wouldn't bother with the Shure SE315, since it's almost like the Shure SE425, but with much weaker bass and a darker overall sound. The Shure SE215, is a great pair of budget in ears and a great entry level IEM.

May 24, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #10 of 14
I know this may be at the edge of your budget, but if you would like to purchase a pair of Shures, then maybe give the Shure SE425 a look. It has lushes mids and very tight and punchy bass. It may sound sibilant with certain tips, but once you find the right one, they sound amazingly smooth. It almost sounds as smooth as butter. They usually cost around $299.99, and as I said earlier that this is right at the edge of your current budget of 250-300. If I were you, I wouldn't bother with the Shure SE315, since it's almost like the Shure SE425, but with much weaker bass and a darker overall sound. The Shure SE215, is a great pair of budget in ears and a great entry level IEM.

Thanks for the help, I'll check them out :D

May 24, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #11 of 14
I would suggest the LZ-A4. It takes a little while longer to receive it from China, but it fits your requirements, except for isolation. Bass is good, and you can switch the filters to match your ideal sound signature. Plus, the cable is removable. I find that it does improve a bit in balanced mode, so you can use the remaining balance of your funds to get a balanced cable. Or use the balance to buy some good music.

May 24, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #12 of 14
how does it like using it in public? does it leak a lot sound?
I don't know as CanJam is loud to begin with so hard to say as this is the only time I've heard them. I only heard the 20's but they are very good but for in ears I would go elsewhere . For example I'm going to take the Campfire Andromeda's before these . You just can't take the drivers and funnel them down thru a small hole as your ear canals and get the same result. I thought they were good but there is better IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back