Help finding headphones that fully cover ears 150 to 200 range
Oct 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

THRiLL KiLL

New Head-Fier
need help in choosing a new headphone.
to make things harder, I am buying them at Guitar Center.
Price range 150 to 200

what i will be using the headphones for:
Split between  music (dubstep, trap, mostly stuff from diplo, r3hab etc) and watching movies/tv shows.
Where i will be using it:
I spend 3.5+ hours a day riding a bus. (sadly, its faster taking a bus then the car to work), so headphones must be comfortable. They dont need to be portable (ie folding)

Source:
Music will be either a Htc Desire hd, or a Iphone 3g
Movies\tv nook hd
I don't want to have to use an amp.

Style:
I want ones that cover the full ear. I dont care about sound isolation, so open works for me.

My last pair of headphones was akg k99. I accidentally closed the headphone cord in a car door, and well that killed them. Luckily i had a warranty from Gutair center, so now i have a $108 credit, thus why i am limited as to where i can buy them from.
I bought the akg's as i wanted a sub $150 pair of headphones that was open and had a wide soundstage. I was trying to use them for Dolby headphones, for a surround sound effect. that was 2 years ago. I never got the surround sound to sound good.

Things i liked about the akg99:
they were light and super comfortable. I guess i have a large head. I had a pair of senhisser pro 99's  and after 10 minutes my head would hurt. Never had the issue with the k99
sound wise I like clear mids and highs, the k99's were decent, bass left a bit to be desired.
When it comes to bass, i am not a bass head. I have heard the beats, and the bass sounded good, but it seemed to overpower the mids and highs.  

In summary:
$150 to $200
open or closed headphones that cover ears
amp not needed
large head.
looking for clear mids and highs with tight punchy bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back