Help finding headphones around $100-$150 for variety of uses
Aug 27, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #16 of 25
I can't remember which term is which, but while not letting sound in is always welcome, I really need them to not let much sound out, as I listen to music/game/watch videos in the same room as someone else who does other things, and they find it annoying when they can make out the lyrics to the song I'm listening to.

Thanks.

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #17 of 25
Same deal.

You're isolating the 2 sources of sound from eachother.  I remember my wife being amazed at the volume of some of my music (before I got my amp) coming from my DT770s when I'd take them off of my ears to talk to her.

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:
Same deal.

You're isolating the 2 sources of sound from eachother.  I remember my wife being amazed at the volume of some of my music (before I got my amp) coming from my DT770s when I'd take them off of my ears to talk to her.

So the DT770s sound good without an amp? I read somewhere that they need an amp.

(To OP, sorry this doesn't help you, but I am interested in those headphones as well)

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:
That's good. I'm seriously considering getting these.

Quick question though, should I get the 80 ohm or 250 ohm version?

Depends on what you want.  The 80 Ohm version has more bass and the 250 Ohm version is more balanced (though still has plenty of bass from what I've read).  Both will benefit from an amp, so if you really want them I would definitely consider getting an amp.

Are you in the US?  Is there a Guitar Center near you?  If the answer to both of those is yes I would make the trip in and ask them if you can demo the DT770s to make sure you like them.  Guitar Center also has the best price on them currently that I've seen.
Quote:
So the DT770s sound good without an amp? I read somewhere that they need an amp.

(To OP, sorry this doesn't help you, but I am interested in those headphones as well)

The 80 Ohm version at least can be run without an amp, but you won't get the full benefit.  Even something like the FiiO E07K, E11 or E17 (E07K and E17 can also function as a USB DAC), or the iBasso D-Zero, or even the Asus Xonar DG/DGX (for PC use only) would work really well for them.

While I have done it, to get the best experience I definitely recommend one.

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #21 of 25
I used to own both ATH M50 and FA-003. Imo you should get the M50. 
DT770s do need an amp. It would be wiser if you buy DT990s pro (250 ohm) which usually for sale around $140 and then pay extra $50 for an amp (fiio e10)

btw, I have a new M50s for sale asking $115 shipped and including paypal. PM me if you interest.

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:
I used to own both ATH M50 and FA-003. Imo you should get the M50. 
DT770s do need an amp. It would be wiser if you buy DT990s pro (250 ohm) which usually for sale around $140 and then pay extra $50 for an amp (fiio e10)

btw, I have a new M50s for sale asking $115 shipped and including paypal. PM me if you interest.

DT990s are open, and the OP wants closed cans.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back