Help finding budget AptX LL Bluetooth headphones
May 4, 2020 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cripple1

500+ Head-Fier
So the title pretty much says it. I'm looking for some budget Bluetooth headphones that have AptX LL to use with my TV. I wanna keep it under $100 and with decent battery life. I've recently found that I'm bedridden permanently now, and because of the chronic pain that I suffer, I'm usually up all hours of the night while my roommates are sleeping. I'm trying to keep the noise levels down as my room is right beside another and the walls are kinda thin. I can't keep getting up to connect and re-connect the headphones or keep pairing and re-pairing them to the transmitter/receiver I have, so a strong connection is pretty desirable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

May 4, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 9
Do you have a source that supports Bluetooth AptX LL? If not, doesn't matter if your receiver supports it - you need both.

If you do, I recommend getting something like a FiiO BTR3 which supports Bluetooth LL. Just hook that puppy up into whatever headphones you currently have, and you have yourself a Bluetooth solution.

May 5, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #3 of 9
Do you have a source that supports Bluetooth AptX LL? If not, doesn't matter if your receiver supports it - you need both.

If you do, I recommend getting something like a FiiO BTR3 which supports Bluetooth LL. Just hook that puppy up into whatever headphones you currently have, and you have yourself a Bluetooth solution.
Yeah, I just got the TaoTronics TA-B014 (I think that's the right number) and it supports AptX LL. A FiiO BTR3? Thanks for the recommendation. I'll go do some research on it. Can you tell me anything about it off the top of your head, like how long the battery lasts before dying and the like?

May 5, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #4 of 9
Yeah, I just got the TaoTronics TA-B014 (I think that's the right number) and it supports AptX LL. A FiiO BTR3? Thanks for the recommendation. I'll go do some research on it. Can you tell me anything about it off the top of your head, like how long the battery lasts before dying and the like?

Around 12 hours? Sound quality is excellent - absolutely no hissing whatsoever. Costed me around $139 AUD (~$80 USD) a year ago. Perfect for IEMs, but might be a bit lacking for more power-hungry headphones. In which case, the BTR5 might be the better bet.

Also, damn that TaoTronics looks interesting. Now I might go off and buy one myself!

May 5, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 9
Around 12 hours? Sound quality is excellent - absolutely no hissing whatsoever. Costed me around $139 AUD (~$80 USD) a year ago. Perfect for IEMs, but might be a bit lacking for more power-hungry headphones. In which case, the BTR5 might be the better bet.

Also, damn that TaoTronics looks interesting. Now I might go off and buy one myself!
Yeah, the TaoTronics had my eye for a while. I like them for budget ANC headphones, too, and their desk lamps and humidifiers. Haha.

Saw the BTR5. It's slightly more than double the price of the BTR3 though. Might get the ES100 instead. Just came across that and it won't save me a ton, but any little bit is better than nothing, ya know?

May 5, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #6 of 9
Yeah, the TaoTronics had my eye for a while. I like them for budget ANC headphones, too, and their desk lamps and humidifiers. Haha.

Saw the BTR5. It's slightly more than double the price of the BTR3 though. Might get the ES100 instead. Just came across that and it won't save me a ton, but any little bit is better than nothing, ya know?

Pretty sure the ES100 doesn't support AptX LL - might want to check before buying.

May 5, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #7 of 9
Pretty sure the ES100 doesn't support AptX LL - might want to check before buying.
I plan on it. Wasn't just gonna buy it right out without researching first. But I appreciate the heads up.

May 5, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #8 of 9
I plan on it. Wasn't just gonna buy it right out without researching first. But I appreciate the heads up.

If I may, what current headphone are you running? Could just settle for the BTR3, especially the K variant with its balanced output potentially giving you more power.

May 5, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #9 of 9
If I may, what current headphone are you running? Could just settle for the BTR3, especially the K variant with its balanced output potentially giving you more power.
The ones I have currently are the Koss PortaPro and KSC75 and an Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7. I have a few others, like the LCD-XC and Clear Professional as well, but I was thinking the BTR3 and those lower tier ones would be easier to use for an every day use case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back