Help finding a good IEM - Shure SE315 ?
May 3, 2014 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dmxvz

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I just decided to see if an IEM could become my portable gear.
Looking at reviews I found out that the SE line from shure is one of the most comfortable universal earphones.
Comfort is one of the top features I'm looking since I'll be inserting something into my ear canal. So I decided to buy the SE 315 they arrive tomorrow but reading some more reviews people is saying that the sound is purely crap. Of course I won't believe it until I hear them but meanwhile I'll like to know what is up lately in the IEMs arena, is there something better that has come up to the market lately, something between $100-250 focusing in both comfort and SQ.
Thanks !

May 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #2 of 9
The main problem I find, with all models of the SE line, is the dull trebles. Some find them nice, but some would want more, it all depends on you for this one.

If you do need more treble sparkle, look for the GR07 or even the Etymotics, though they can be much brighter in comparison.

May 3, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 9
Because SE315's frequency response cut down at 18.5KHz and some of the golden ear folks dislike the sound signature of shure for not fulfilling their beyond 20KHz taste.

May 3, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #4 of 9
The main problem I find, with all models of the SE line, is the dull trebles. Some find them nice, but some would want more, it all depends on you for this one.

If you do need more treble sparkle, look for the GR07 or even the Etymotics, though they can be much brighter in comparison.

I guess I'll check on the days to come how I found the treble on these phones. Thanks!

Because SE315's frequency response cut down at 18.5KHz and some of the golden ear folks dislike the sound signature of shure for not fulfilling their beyond 20KHz taste.

Is that really much of a problem, is it night and day difference or just paper difference ?

Thanks for answering you both :)

May 3, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #6 of 9
What about westone ? What are your thoughts on w40 w4r ?

I don't know about the W40 as I've never really tried them. But the 4R is at least a league above the SE315, it's even better than the SE535.

May 4, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #7 of 9
Yeah, I think I'm done testing the SE315's
when I got to have a good seal I really liked the sound, but it was really hard to maintain them inside my ears. (I tried every set of tips)
Im going to give the westones a try and if they don't feel good in my ears I'm pretty much done with IEMs.

Which westone you think may be good at the price range of the 315's ? 200-300 .

May 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #8 of 9
Yeah, I think I'm done testing the SE315's
when I got to have a good seal I really liked the sound, but it was really hard to maintain them inside my ears. (I tried every set of tips)
Im going to give the westones a try and if they don't feel good in my ears I'm pretty much done with IEMs.

Which westone you think may be good at the price range of the 315's ? 200-300 .

There are two you can try: the W20 or the UM 20 PRO. Both of them are right under $300.

May 4, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back