Help find a DAP with some very specific requirements.
Jun 6, 2015 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BruceBanner

1000+ Head-Fier
So I just thought I'd throw this out there, see if anyone can think of a DAP that meets the following criteria, but tbh I think I would know if one does..

1) Support Lyrics, specifically tagged lyrics with .txt file etc, not .lrc files. I think from a tag perspective they might be considered 'UNSYNCED'

2) Has the ability to apply a 'rating' to a song/track, u know... rate the song 0-5 stars etc

3) Has very low hiss level

4) Sound quality, around the Cowon/Alien Shozy level.

5) Blackbackground, no hiss.

6) Loud. (to give u an idea how loud, normal Android phones arn't nearly loud enough for me, in the past I have had to root and change mixer_paths values, it's a pain and tbh still not ideal...)

Currently I can only think of 2 DAPs that might do this, the Pervasion Hum and the Cowon Plenue M. The Pervasion running Android should allow for Poweramp, which can do point 1 and 2, I'm just not sure on the rest, and also it's 4-6hr battery life is pretty shabby..

The Cowon M should tick 3,4,5 and 6, and I read that it now can read tagged lyrics rather than their stupid previous way of doing lyrics, but I'm not sure if it allows for Song rating system. It's also stupidly expensive...

I'm thinking the Pervasion Hum might be a goer, is it a removable battery by chance?

Cheers,

Bruce

Jun 6, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 2
Hum doesn't have a removable battery - the run times are rather short 6-8 hours max.

Also, its really only good for installing apps then leaving Wifi off because a static noise comes through the left earpiece on every unit when Wifi is on. Hum had the right idea with that player, on paper it looks the part and says the right things though its not completely polished. 

it does however sound fantastic up around DX90 levels. I personally only use it as above with one app installed to get a battery percentage. It opens up a world or different music players and UI to install, which is very handy to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back