help: fiio e9k + e17 + dayton b652 + dayton sub
Feb 6, 2013 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mr shifty

New Head-Fier
hello! ive been lurking for a weeks and decided to get some new audio equipment. i first read StratocasterMan's thread about his low budget desktop rig and decided to try it out. bought the dayton b652s and 10" sub from parts express and went with the e9k+e17 combo instead of the lepai.

now heres my problem: either i'm connecting something wrong or my parts are defective. i've tried just about every combination to connecting to my computer and still nothing. i can get the sub to work but not the speakers, when i do get them to work they're stuck on low and turning up the e9k volume to max is barely audible. i tried speaker - wire - sub - wire - e9k, speaker - wire - e9k - wire - sub and a few others (all connected via usb to computer)

could someone with a similar set up (preferably fiios + speakers + computer) chime and show me how they connected it?

thanks in advance!

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 6
Here's your problem:

The FiiO E09K is not a speaker amp! It's a headphone amp!

You have to buy a speaker amp. You don't have to buy the Lepai, but you have to have a speaker amp or a receiver. The FiiO E09K is not a speaker amp.

The FiiO E09K will not power your speakers.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Here's your problem:

The FiiO E09K is not a speaker amp! It's a headphone amp!

You have to buy a speaker amp. You don't have to buy the Lepai, but you have to have a speaker amp or a receiver. The FiiO E09K is not a speaker amp.

The FiiO E09K will not power your speakers.

Quote:
+1

Return the e9k and get yourself a receiver or small amp.

and it all makes sense! talk about a noob lol. returning e9k first thing tomorrow, thanks and sorry for the noob questions

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #5 of 6
When you return the FiiO E09K, make sure you buy a FiiO L7 line-out dock. It costs less than $10.

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L7-Line-Dock-Cable/dp/B004QVNS0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360210707&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio+l7

Once you get a small speaker amplifier or a receiver, you need the FiiO L7 to provide a proper line-out signal from your FiiO E17 to whatever speaker amplifier or receiver you get. 
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #6 of 6
When you return the FiiO E09K, make sure you buy a FiiO L7 line-out dock. It costs less than $10.

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L7-Line-Dock-Cable/dp/B004QVNS0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360210707&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio+l7
ir

Once you get a small speaker amplifier or a receiver, you need the FiiO L7 to provide a proper line-out signal from your FiiO E17 to whatever speaker amplifier or receiver you get. 
wink.gif

Glad you remember that. I forgot. LOL

and it all makes sense! talk about a noob lol. returning e9k first thing tomorrow, thanks and sorry for the noob questions

Everyone was a noob at one time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back