Help: Fiio E09K - The left channel is flaky when using the volume knob.
Oct 8, 2014 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

akrazyassho

New Head-Fier
When I turn the volume up or down on the amp the left channel sometimes goes almost all the way out and it is hard to "land" the volume on a position where the channels are amped equally. It slowly is getting worst.

I have it docked to an E17 but it does it w/ or w/o it docked and I have tried different cables and headphones.

Is there a fix? The positions where it amps properly are kindof far apart as in I would like to turn it up slightly but have to turn it up way too loud. On top of that it takes a few seconds to get the channels matched.

Oct 9, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 3
It sounds as if dirt and dust have got in the way with your volume knob on the E09K - I have the same issue sometimes with my E12. have you tried rotating the knob quickly, backwards and forwards (amp turned off of course). This clears up any noise for me and might help your situation.

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 3
It sounds as if dirt and dust have got in the way with your volume knob on the E09K - I have the same issue sometimes with my E12. have you tried rotating the knob quickly, backwards and forwards (amp turned off of course). This clears up any noise for me and might help your situation.

+1

I've never done it, but also research advice on how to clean the volume pot (don't know if it is possible).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back