Help figuring out which phones(~100-150 bucks)
Sep 8, 2006 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

xelion

Head-Fier
Well, I was going to get some ER4P's, but then my guy I was gonna get them from sold them off to someone else, and I was thinking if I should get them, or just get some fullsized cans. Right now all I'm using are my JVC HA-V570 headphones that I got somewhere off the internet for like 20 bucks. They are okay, but I bet there are a lot better headphones.

So I was looking in about the 100 dollar range, because I was wanting to get headphones, a Cmoy or a Pint, depending how much I had left after the phones, and probably a new sound card for my computer, my main source, as I'm currently just using integrated sound.

Right now my setup is computer integrated -> Technics SA-GX550 stereo receiver(this thing is like 20 years old, I've been wanting a new one forever, but the good ones are all 200+ bucks, and I'm supposed to be saving up for a car... but yeah. Headphones.)

I was thinking I'd probably use that for my speakers, and just use the soundcard straight to the pint/cmoy to my headphones. I'll also be using these with my mp3 player, the Creative Zen Xtra.

So yeah, anyways, what I want in the cans. I want something with like the closed style, so that they block out at least some sound, I plan on using these on the bus with my player, so noise reduction would be nice. I'll probably be using them to play some games, so a good soundstage would be nice, but I might just use my speakers for the games, even though I still can't get my back speakers to work in the game. Maybe a new soundcard would fix that, I dunno.

I want some bass, good treble, just basically good all around cans for about 100-150 bucks. I'll have around 300 to spend for everything, but I was hoping to save some of it.

Also any suggestions for the soundcard or amp would be appreciated so I don't have to go and make 2 other threads about it all...

Sep 8, 2006 at 7:17 AM Post #4 of 5
For a little more than $150, but not much more, I got my Senn 595s and UE sf5 pros off of eBay, both brand new. Senns were $163, UEs were $171. Both prices include what I paid for shipping.

Sep 8, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 5
Well really I was looking for the best sound, I don't really care about the IEM's all that much, and from what I hear fullsized cans are way better than even the best of the IEMs. I might get some someday when I have some more money, but I was looking for the fullsized cans.

Any suggestions as to what would be good fro my price range?

edit: so I've looked around, and I'm thinking about the DT-770 or Pro( what kind of difference?) or the ATH-A700's. What do you think? Any others I should consider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back