HELP: Ety ER-4P vs Shure ES530 vs Westone UM2, Which to get???
May 27, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, this is the third time I'm posting this, since I alredy have this in Photobucket.
biggrin.gif

Won't that strains the cable ?

May 28, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #32 of 38
I just bought a pair of black UM2 about 2 weeks ago from a dealer in Hongkong, and this thread actually helped me in a way to chose the right IEM for me. The shop has all the mentioned IEMs, i have to say that the SE530 in on another level as the price is nearly double the UM2. The shop owner is kind enough to let me test all the 3 earphones (even though i had to purchase a pair of comply foam and a pair of rubber tips for the Ety for hygienic issue). After testing and a few words from the shop owner, i took the UM2 because it is more of an ALL ROUNDER IEM if compared to the other 3. I was ready to spend my money on the SE530, but i am happy to have saved some money to buy me something else by buying the UM2.

On top of all the above, the other thing which i had to consider is that i ride motorbike quite regularly and i see the UM2 fitted flush in both my ears, which is better when you are wearing a tight fit helmet. Tried the UM2 with the helmet that i have, and i could not feel any extra pressure on my ears whatsoever.

One thing that was apparent to me was the UM2 comes with very less accessories compared to Ety or Shure, in fact it looks a bit cheap also. But since i've bought them now, i am very happy with it!

May 28, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your ER-4P are halfway falling out...

When properly inserted the angled strain relief should point straight down and be nearly flush against your temple.

Yes, I realize the stock grey foams cause them to stick out more than normal, but if you use triflanges or Shure olives they are very low profile.

I don't think you can generalise that way. Different people have different ear canal size, depth and angle.

Btw that was using medium olive, the gray foam would fit roughly the same depth and the triple flange would goes in deeper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naim.F.C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It strikes me as very odd that something that looks so flimsy and cheap can output such wonderful sound lol.

I agree. To me it looks really cheap, if I were to leave it on the sidewalk probably nobody would pick it up. If someone were to pick it up he/she is probably a head-fier.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Upside down positioning works much better for over the ears cable routing.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/2856117-post16.html

For me if I were to put it upside down the cable won't stay on my ear.

May 29, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #34 of 38
Yea many people would think that these are cheapo earphones but it is literally worth their weight in gold
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I am constantly updating the first post so that this will no longer be a HELP post but more of an informative content providing post

May 29, 2008 at 11:17 AM Post #35 of 38
I like the ER4-P all-black stealth look. Nice & functional, pure. And goes to show you can't judge an IEM by how bling it looks!

May 29, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #36 of 38
I like ER-4's look too. Yet I believe no other phones can beat Yuin PK1 stealth-wise. Leave them on a sidewalk (which I hope would never happen) and get charged with littering!

May 30, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #38 of 38
I wanna listen and enjoy the songs - Triple.Fi 10 Pro

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back