help : Ety 4-x foamies vs rubber tips
Dec 16, 2002 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rawhit

100+ Head-Fier
hi guys,
I have been using ety 4-p for a week and really like them. The ability to retrieve details from music is really astounding. And the the bass is tight and very musical.

The problem is i'm not able to use the rubber tips because of extreme discomfort in my left ear.
Also I felt that with rubber tips i'm not able to get proper sound. Though the bass and treble seem to be great, the mid range seems to be scooped out. It sounds flat and lifeless. Am I doing something wrong?
With the foamies I can wear the phones for 4-5 hours without any problem and sound is great too.
How long do the foam ear tips last? I'm just worried about maintenance cost if i have to keep buying the eartips regularly.
thanks for your help.
RawHit
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2002 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 5
You are probably not doing anything wrong with the rubber tips. They probably just don't fit your ears right. I preferred the foam tips most of the time to the rubber tips when I had my Ety's. My foams lasted about a week with me, and that was only because the foam tips would come off the plastic tubes. I was using them about 5-6 hours a day when I had them. Hope this helps.

Dec 16, 2002 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 5
I am not sure of the differences between the foam tips for the ER-4 and the foam tips for the ER-6. I have the ER-6 and must use the foam tips. I get about 10 or 12 days use out of them before they quit expanding enough to seal well. I have washed them and that seems to only prolong their use by a few days. I make sure that my ears are clean and that seems to help them last longer.
I don't like the expense of these things either.

Dec 17, 2002 at 4:23 AM Post #5 of 5
hi guys,
thanks for the replies. so the foamies would last around 30-40 hours (about 2 weeks for me) of use.
rolleyes.gif

btw anybody use their etys with custom earmoulds? how does it work?

ablaze
I didnt have any itching problem with the foamies.

cheers
RawHit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back