Help! e7 software issues
Aug 27, 2011 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DayofCalm

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there Head-Fi,

The issue is as follows: In the past, I've plugged in my Fiio e7 via usb-to-mini-usb and it's registered it and picked it up as a USB DAC. I could then open iTunes, plug my headphones into my e7, and jam.

Recently, an inexplicable change has occurred. Before elaborating, I should mention that I'm running an Alienware M17x with Windows 7 64bit. When I plug in my e7, it registers it as a USB DAC. If I then proceed to open iTunes and play a song, it plays through my speakers. I tried remedying this by clicking on the volume thing in the bottom right of the task bar, and switching the source to USB audio DAC; however, that source reads "Speakers (USB Audio DAC)" whereas I believe it should indicate that I'm using  it to play sound through headphones, not speakers. I've tried Communications Headphones and Speakers/Headphones as well as S/PDIF, all from the mixer popped up from the task bar volume icon, but nothing will play sound through  my cans with the DAC in. The even stranger part is as such: if, on the mixer, I change it to Speakers (USB Audio DAC), then I click on the little bar to slide volume and it beeps to show me how loud it will be, it plays through my headphones. If I then open iTunes and play a song, it plays through my speakers. It's like default windows sounds play on my headphones and all else through my speakers. Additionally, it continues to revert back to "Speakers/Headphones" as the default source in the mixer.

None of this makes any sense to me at all. It's a shame too, because it previously worked so flawlessly :/ My theory is that use of Skype screwed it up at some point, but I can't be sure. Ugh. Any theories or recommendations are appreciated. Thanks so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back