Help, double flange stuck in ear
Sep 16, 2008 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Justice Strike

100+ Head-Fier
I'm seriously developing a aversion to the Sleak Audio's.

First the fit was painfull. Now i have a double flange stuck in my ear. The frigging things should stay on the iem not in my ear.

So basicly i have the thing in my ear. It's in a bit deep to, i'm at a loss how to get them out.

on a brighter note.... without the sleek audio's inserted the flanges feel comfortable
wink.gif
In fact, i hardly notice them
smily_headphones1.gif

but in all seriousness, who has had the same problem and can give me any tips... i'm at work right now and it's quite annoying,

Sep 16, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #2 of 29
Are you able to see a professional? I don't recommend trying to get it out as you could push it further in. If you absolutely cannot, maybe try get a workmate to use tweezers of some sort to pull it out slowly.

Sep 16, 2008 at 12:18 PM Post #4 of 29
Tweezers. Get someone else to do it.

Sep 16, 2008 at 12:37 PM Post #5 of 29
I have had to tweezer one out as well. It is possibly due to skin oils or wax, giving the tips and the treble tubes a clean with alcohol or methylated spirits should stop it happening.

Your q-Jay tips are on the way
regular_smile .gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #7 of 29
Wow, I have only once had a biflange get stuck in my ear. It was my fault for not having on the tip all the way. If it hurts when you are wearing it, you are probably using the wrong size or pushing them in too far. Most people who use them, when they get the best comfort and seal, have the driver sticking out from their ear rathing none sticking out at all.

Sep 16, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Strike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
on a brighter note.... without the sleek audio's inserted the flanges feel comfortable
wink.gif
In fact, i hardly notice them
smily_headphones1.gif

Way to always look on the brightside
smily_headphones1.gif
Did you get it out??

Sep 16, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #10 of 29
I've had my SA6's for less than a week and this has happened to me 4 times now. It took me almost an half an hour at 3 o'clock in the morning to get it out the first time. I'm basically an expert at it now, though.
biggrin.gif

The others suggestions about cleaning the treble tube and tip are correct. I cleaned the stem and the inside of the tip with alcohol and have not had any problems since then.

PS: If you would like to test to see if your tip is loose, I find twisting the tip around is usually a good indicator of how much oil / wax has gotten into the interface. It should be relatively hard to spin the tip around the tube. If the tip spins easily it is at rick of sliding off when you remove the driver from your ear.

Sep 16, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #11 of 29
i got them out. Without the help of my brother... he's like a little Adrian Monk and he could see the flange so he was of no use.

i got them out by bending a paperclip to a little hook. Then i inserted it into the hole (where normally the sa would be) and pulled it out.

Tweezers didn't work. I'm seriously having doubts about the SA6. This is a major design flaw. They should not get loose. They did everything right, they even made a ridge that made sure that there is no accidental sliding of of the eartip thing, but the flanges are just not constructed that well.

Sep 16, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Strike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got them out. Without the help of my brother... he's like a little Adrian Monk and he could see the flange so he was of no use.

i got them out by bending a paperclip to a little hook. Then i inserted it into the hole (where normally the sa would be) and pulled it out.

Tweezers didn't work. I'm seriously having doubts about the SA6. This is a major design flaw. They should not get loose. They did everything right, they even made a ridge that made sure that there is no accidental sliding of of the eartip thing, but the flanges are just not constructed that well.

Well, its not like this has not happened before with other iems. Again, I had this happen many times with mine until I did a very good job of cleaning everything. I have had absolutely no problems since then.

In any case I'm not a fan of the supplied tips... They are sized oddly imo and I find them to be rather uncomfortable.

The good thing is that its very easy to use other tips. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/w...ek-sa6-363957/

Sep 16, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by tadad1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your q-Jay tips are on the way
regular_smile .gif

omg can I have a pair?! i can't find where to buy them. And Jays won't ship out of sweden, and there's no UK distributor afaik.

Sep 16, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #15 of 29
Yeah, its been happening to me a lot lately- both with the Sleek double flanges and the UE double flanges on my triplefi's!- and I just tweezer them out. Just a bit of an inconvenience if anything, particulary if critically comparing or A B ing anything
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back