Help- Did I get screwed by Ubid (HD 580)
Nov 2, 2001 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dcg

Became Capt. Napalm tocombat apartment robberies!
On October 14th I won an auction on Ubid for a pair of Senn 580s and the DSP 360. The auction said the 'phones were new but the 360 was refurbed. Well, they came today (finally) and both were in a bag that said "factory refurbished" across the top. I remember hearing right after I won the auction about people having this very problem, so I saved a copy of the auction screen. There is nothing on the box of either specific product to indicate which one (or both?) were refurbed. My question is, to those that this happened to, how can you tell whether the 'phones were in fact refurbished, and what did you do about it?

Dave

Nov 2, 2001 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 3
Well if the bag says its refurb... well, its refurb... though personally I wouldn't care if there was no damage to the unit/scratches/sound defects or anything... Just send a message to ubid...

Nov 2, 2001 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 3
I remember reading a long thread about ubid a while back .. do a search and see what they had done .. ubid's customer service, from what I hear, sucks. I guess, though, you could return them of the basis of false advertisment and/or fraud. Oh yeah, if you paid with a credit card, you could talk to them about it...maybe stop the payment if you wish to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back