Help determining which SS I want
Dec 13, 2009 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Reaper0294

Head-Fier
I'm looking for some new IEM's for christmas this year. After doing a lot of research, I've decided pretty much between the RE0 and the PL50 (The Eterna doesn't seem to have a concrete consensus yet)

I think that I would like a balanced, more accurate but still kind of fun IEM. This sounds like the RE0 to me, but I'm not entirely sure it is what I want. I've never listened to a really balanced or accurate kind of sound.

I currently have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-770's. I've been trying to EQ them to better help me see if I like the balanced part but it isn't working very well. In foobar2k's equalizer all the bars/frequencies were in the middle on the same part but wasn't sure how well that worked or if at all. I tried a preset equalizer called "clear" which I could tell a difference but not much of a difference.

So, is there any other way to be able to figure it out? This is going to be pretty much the key for me choosing headphones from now on. I chose the beyer's because I liked them at a guitar center I tried them at. It was only with a zune though :/

Also, a while ago I took a pair of monster turbines on a trip with me. Listened to them for quite a while and did not like the comfort at all, the sound wasn't that impressive for their price at the time ($100 maybe?) imo, so I returned them. Anybody want to tell me their opinion on how the turbines go up against the RE0 and the Pl50? Unamped of course.

TL;DR
-Need help figuring out what kind of SS I want
-Trying to decide between RE0 and PL-50
-Have searched and done my own research. Still need help please
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back