Help Design A Budget Rig!
Jul 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BasedGod

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, as you can see i've just signed up and i'm really new here... so i hope this is the right place to post this...

I've been reading up a little bit over the last few days on all of the parts required to make a rig from scratch, and from this i've come up with the following:

- Sansa Fuze/Clip+ 8GB + 32GB microsd ($60)
- Fiio L2/L6 ($13)
- Fiio E11 ($70)
- Head-Direct RE0 ($99)

I'm looking for something that covers all required components for about $350AUD. I'll be sourcing most parts from ebay, and the IEM's from an online australian supplier.

I just have a few questions with this setup....

Firstly, does the class of the microsd really matter much? There seems to be a fair price difference between lets say... class 4 and class 10 cards.

Also, would it be more effective if i were to drop the portable amp, and just spend more money on the headphones ($180 vs $100+amp)? I've heard the RE0's are lacking somewhat in the bass department, therefore i thought the amp would help with that and warm up overall sound.

For reference, i'll generally be listening to hip-hop, so bass is pretty essential. Most of my music is encoded at 256-320kbps, no FLAC as of yet.

The only real requirements of this setup is that the storage capacity is 40GB+ and that the SQ is pretty reasonable.

So... if someone could critique my proposed build, or even suggest a new one that would be great.

Cheers guys, looking forward to the responses!

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 2
If you listen to hip-hop, then the RE0s are not for you. You should read through this and look for a bass-heavy IEM.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-183-iems-compared-soundmagic-e10-added-7-20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back