Help! Denon AH-D1001k's
Nov 11, 2008 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pizlo

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, this is my first post here on the headfi forums. I browsed around when I was in the market for some new over ear phones. I decided on the denon ah-d1001's and I was not disappointed. They've been heavily used for the past 2-3 months. I mean like 4 hours a day of listening, a few falls, and some jostling in my backpack. Today with no warning the left ear gives out. not a sound from it. I checked the ipod with other phones, and it wasnt that. I figured the cables had broken in teh cups, but I opened them up today and everything was fine. So my question is has this happened to other people? Is there something I could fix that went wrong? Also I purchased these new on amazon from a strange source, denon's website says they only do service on items sold by denon or its licensed resellers. so do you know if denon would take it? Or what my next step should be if they don't?
Thanks, and sorry for all the questions.

Nov 11, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #2 of 3
Maybe your cable has broken somewhere inside?
You should try replacing the whole cable, before writing-off the headphones.

If you need some help recabling the Denons, this thread might help.
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by pizlo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also I purchased these new on amazon from a strange source, denon's website says they only do service on items sold by denon or its licensed resellers. so do you know if denon would take it? Or what my next step should be if they don't?
Thanks, and sorry for all the questions.

I suggest contacting the place where you bought it. You could also contact Denon, but if you did not buy from an authorized reseller, they may make you go through the retailer that you bought it from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back