Help Deciding
Mar 8, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 8
I have both phones, and am selling the K701. The K701 has brighter highs, but I'd give the lushness edge to the AD700, which I also find more enveloping. Both are great.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 8
Given your sources, sounds like the AD700 is the better choice of these two.

But you should also consider the Beyerdynamic DT770pro/80. Your range of music preferences (much like my own) does not really make any one phone ideal. The Beyer is a stellar performer at it's price imo, and will serve better, I think, for the genre's you listed, except classical. For classical, the K701 is very strong, but really needs a quality amp to shine.

Edit: Also, the Beyer's are crazy comfy.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #4 of 8
I'm planning on a new getting new headphones.. Haven't decide which, but I'm torn between AD700s and K701s. I mainly listen to R&B/Hip-hop,Jazz, Trance and Techno with occasionally some classical. So clear crisp highs and mids are a must. I also want a deep clean bass. Overall I want a lush,detailed and transparent sound. Comfort is a big deal as well >.<
I've read reviews, and these seem to fit the criteria of what I am looking for. They are also pretty stylish.
k701smile.gif

My source will be an iPod 5th gen, iPhone and my computers. Right now I have an E5 which I am told would be sufficient. I'm planning later to get an iBasso T4 for portability and an iBasso D10 for my laptop.

So, which should I get?

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #5 of 8
an E5 is not sufficient for a K701. Go with the AD700 and save money.

haven't you already started this thread once though?

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #7 of 8
i think one of the cheapest options that is considered good for the k701's would be the shanling ph100 which is about 270 shipped on ebay. try searching for previous threads. the ad700's would be the better option if you don't want to spend $$$ on a amp.

good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #8 of 8
There are countless threads discussing what amp is suited for the K701s. This is because they are an extremely picky headphone and some people prefer certain amps over others. Doing a basic search on "K701 amp" should give you more than enough to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back