Help deciding
Dec 21, 2006 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

parradux

New Head-Fier
I need help in deciding between 1 canned headphone and 2 IEM's. I have narrowed down my choices to: AKG K81DJ, Westone UM1, or super.fi 3's. I'm going to be wearing these a lot throughout the day so comfort is a must.

Since what I'm listening will obviously influence the choice of the headphone, that information is necessary. I listen to a lot of trance/techno, all types of rock, and rap/hip hop.

If these three choices dont satisfy what I need my limit is 130 CND. Please recommend something else.

Dec 21, 2006 at 8:42 AM Post #2 of 2
Headphones aren't as good a choice if you're planning to use them for the whole day. They don't isolate as well too. Imagine going to the library or walking in the streets with them. IEMs and canal earphones are better at isolation even if soundstage aren't as wide. Of the IEMs you've narrowed, the UM1 is the best for comfort but I believe the UE superfi 3s would be best for the type of music you listen to because most users would concur that the superfis would have "punchier" bass than the UM1s. You might also want to look at canal earphones such as CK 7, V Moda or the UE Metrofis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back